After a couple of hectic weeks in India, I am back in good old Japan... This place is kindda growing on me ...Initially language was a bit of a problem ...but then I realized that being unable to process the humongous crap of chatter that my poor brain is usually subjected to , is actually pure bliss...
Have added a few more animals to my rapidly expanding list of "eaten em"...Most notably "whale meat" and a "Mountain Pheasant" ... I know the more environmentally inclined Meneka Gandhi types among you must be cursing me right now , but guess what ... I don’t care .. So go to hell you fuckin tree hugging pansies and let me eat all that the Good God has created for me to devour....
My assignment here is coming to an end ... and as a token of appreciation towards the successful completion of this rather complicated engagement, my firm booked me on a spa resort in the town of Hakone at the foot of mount Fuji ... Man this place is wicked .. Its surrounded by mountains on all sides and from the window of my room , I can see the majestic mount Fuji ... The hotel I am staying at is known for its Hot water springs known as On-sen’s ... So last evening , I decided to soak myself in the therapeutic waters ... But there was a slight problem ... You see in order to use a Japanese public bath , one has to follow strict dress codes ... or rather undress codes ... the sign outside said "It is strictly prohibited to wear any clothing inside the public bath" ... and I mean "ANY" clothing ... Now I have a serious problem with the concept of public nudity ... I know that your body is nothing to be ashamed of ,and naked is the way God created us all ... but then , a bunch of old men staring at stuff that God created only for me is nothing but an outrage of my modesty ... So here I was inside a hot steamy room faced with the difficult choice between my long held beliefs on one hand and the temptation of a long relaxing spring bath on the other ... as always , my long held beliefs lost... The first thing I did was to remove my specs ... At times like these, limited vision is actually a blessing... And after neatly arranging all my clothes in a basket, I marched into the room with the confidence of an Indian opening batsman (no pun intended) ...Now I am not trying to be racist or anything , but lying naked inside a bathtub with a bunch of Japanese men boosts your ego like nothing else can... Trust me...
Am planning to go hiking tomorrow ... What’s funny is that while I am away in the peace and quite of the Japanese wilderness, my folks at home have gone into overdrive as the "Big Day " approaches ... The two weeks I was in India, G & N took me out shopping for wedding clothes ... They got a designer to make me a Sherwani which matches with Mrs. Prefects dress... Its Rust colored (maroon for my fellow color challenged mates)... and it’s got Swarovski crystals on it!!! The damn thing glitters like a disco ball ... And I have accessorized it with a contrasting golden Stole and matching shoes … The three hours I spent making this purchase were by far the girliest moments of my life … I had to drink 3 beers just to bring the testosterone level in my body back to normal …
So that’s pretty much what I have been up to … Will be back in India on the 13th … Hopefully before midnight … Don’t want to spend all of my birthday in flights and airports …
Sunday, October 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hey ford,
theres an onsen at kawaguchiko thats really great!
btw, im travelling on the 13th too... ru taking the 11.30 AM SQ from Narita by any chance?
Maverick , I am on the 9:45 SQ ... may be well bump into each other at Changi ...
So u go to these Onsens often ?? And what do u mean this one is great ?? Is it Unisex ??
its unisex in that both sections are in the same building :)
its just that we had gone in the middle of peak winter and it was a really relaxing exp...
Post a Comment