After my engagement, I suggested my family to have the wedding in Goa...I think it’s the perfect place ... You can put a Bon-fire on the beach, roast some nice fish and Lobsters, and while they are getting done, circle around the fire 7 times ... What better way for a happy couple to start their married lives than with Tandori Pomphret ...But an outdoor bar-be-queue Wasn’t my only reason for choosing Goa...? Given its distance from most of our extended families, there would be fewer People... Alcohol there is dirt cheap ... Dress codes would have been Mandatory beach wear and we wouldn’t have to go anywhere for our honeymoon coz we are already in Goa!!! ... net net, I would have saved a fortune and would probably have been left with some money to invest in the stock market right now ... Unfortunately, by brilliant plan was thrown of the window despite all my attempts to make people see the logic ... Bu then logic and rationality have nothing to do with marriage (in concept or in implementation) ... I had to replace the sands of Goan beaches with the sands of Thar...Turns out Rajasthan is not a bad place to get married either...
8 days left ... My "to do" list runs into 3 pages ...I am meeting my designer post lunch, a real estate agent at 6 and a dance choreographer at 9. The last one was N's Idea ... She thinks it would be nice if I were to perform on my sangeet ... I think otherwise ... As I am sure would a lot of people who have seen me dancing ... But I gave up resistance a long time back ... If they want me to dance, I dance ... If they want me to dress up like a mughal court
jester, I dress up like a mughal court jester... If they want me to sit on a stool and get smeared with yucky stuff (supposedly to make me glow), I sit there like an Idiot hoping no ones clicking (how I wish)... I am totally numb to all the pain and humiliation that my near and dear ones throw at me... You know it’s not easy ... A lesser mortal would have easily panicked ... Not me ... No sir... I am in total control of my sanity ... In fact I am in control of other people’s sanity as well ... Mrs. Prefect is on leave for the last one month just so that she could prepare for the wedding ... Without giving a damn to the fact that her boss hasn’t approved her leave!!! And she still complains about not having enough time ...So every time she gets all worked up, yours truly is the one responsible to calm her nerves just enough so that she could go shopping again...
I on the other hand have been quite hectic traveling and working ... On my way back from Japan, my travel agent booked me on a Tokyo-Bangkok-Singapore-Mumbai flight ... Which meant I had to spend my entire B'day in flights and airports across south east Asia... G was quite disappointed for not being able to throw me a bday party (he’s been doing that for three years now) ...So I let him throw me a Bachelors party instead ... I am not privy to the details, but knowing G , its gonna be big, loud and drenched in alcohol ... This morning, he was asking me if I knew any place he could buy a funnel from ... Those who know about the concept of funnel in ISB parties would understand his intentions in this party...
So if you are invited on Sunday night, tell your boss you won’t be turning up on Monday...
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Is this "mandatory" leave a common trait for all women headed for matrimony? Mitika..took a 45 day leave under exactly the same circumstance..and ALSO without waiting for the boss's approval??
have you read warikoo's post? it uncannily similar!
No Prameet, Not all women are that lucky. I was lucky to get 20 days
(i resigned afterwards for a 6 week break:))
Saurabh,
I hope that ur wacky sense of humor stays after marriage too. u r by far the best blogger from our batch!
& about wedding process...dont even resisting. its futile... just lie back n njoy:) which is what i did....trust me, its gr8 fun
Good Luck
Spew - Of course its similar ... the poor guy is going through the same hell as I am (and what you went through in the recent past) ...As for the leaves women take , I think they know something we dont ... My be they fully understand the magnitude of this action ... while we thinkof it as a really really expensive party ;-)
Suneetha - Nice to hear from you ... and Nice to know you are married now...But the nicest to know was you think of me as the best blogger in the world (batch-world same diff) ...And thanks for the advice ... I shall trie to lie back and let things happen .. am pretty good at doing that actually ;-)
Doooood.....
Yes...Now i have competely lost it!
You must remeber our earlier conversation, after that i met my fiance to be by sheer chance.....
We need to catch up......Looks like u r really building up well to your Big D-Day.
And some more....i moved to Dubai and now elaine and work together...
Mail me dude, we need to catch up sometime.
Ferrari
for the record... Spew did not go through most of what you and Warikoo are going through. He wasn't even close! Believe me, I was there for the last 3 days :)
But Goa is definitely the ideal spot!
Ford,
If u have seen only the Funnel part of boozing..u gotta come to Bloomington once!They are crazzzy people here.What they do is,they turn a person upside down, put a hoze in the mouth, the other end of which is attached to the tap of the Beer KEG..and pump in the beer in your mouth with pressure. U are kept in that upside down position until u can't take it anymore(that is ur first gulping sound)..parties are insane here..another game which they play is "Sink the biz" though its a Bloomington staple..U might have heard abt this game..with a different name though..A small bucket is filled with beer, then an empty glass is placed inside of that bucket of beer, people take turns pouring beer into said glass until someone sinks the biz (the floating glass). It is lots of fun..if u sink the glass thrice..u gotta drink the complete bucket..Get Mrs. Perfect to Bloomy for ur honeymoon..i bet it'll be gud fun !
Ford, you have started this post without your customary quote from ‘The Book’. Guess the fear is getting to you and like most men; you’re not ready to admit it :-)
ello fordie...cant wait to see you in your scarlet and gold thingie.. is it see through?;) these kind of inspirations are sometimes... what is mrs. prefect wearing? can i come to the bachelor party, sounds like my kind of party.
Ferrari - Congratulations my friend ... As for my Big - D day , You have no idea what the preps are like ... I have a real bollywood choreographer teaching me dance numbers for the sangeet at my wedding
Pratik – Spew , Warikoo and myself have lost our chance … U still have yours … do it in Goa
Whizkid – Ill ask Mrs Prefect … although I am not sure how excited she will be at the prospects of me doing body shots off college girls
Ravi – Just trying to mix things up a lil … There is no fear … My be a lil anxiousness .. but no fear … Ford Prefect knows no fear ..
Elaine – No its not transparent … I tried looking for one which was .. or was atleast battery operated , but couldn’t find one …
I second the fact that you are by far one of the best bloggers I have ever come across and it is that consistency that makes me always want to come back.
Good luck Ford Prefect.
Awwwwwww...........Congrats!!!!!! :))
Dude me soooooooooo happy to hear this....aw..... :)) PErrrrfecccct
PS: Thats how it should be.....taking leaves without your bosses approval else they never wud! :P
Soooo happy to hear that :))
Congratulation on getting married Mr. Prefect. Heres wishing Mrs & Mr Ford a blissful & amazing married life. .. h.m.
EU - Thanks ... what can I say ... I am not huble enough to refute your title "best blogger in the universe" ... So I guess Ill just accept it ;-)
ja'smin - I dont know who you are , but the phrase comes to mind
"begani shadi main ...." ;-)
Just kidding ... Thanks for you wishes ....
HM - Thanks for your wishes ... Howz it going ?
Post a Comment