==================================================================
To summarize: It is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
To summarize the summary: Anyone capable of getting themselves made President should by no means be allowed to do the job.
To summarize the summary of the summary: People are a problem.
~ The Book
===================================================================
Douglas Adams had figured out the problem with this system Long before an Italian Dumbo and a desi criminal granny decided to subject this nation to more humiliation in the name of women empowerment... Trust you me, I have utmost respect for women. I am all for uplifting their status in India and the world. However if this means hanging saggy presidential Bras from the balcony of Rashtrapati Bhavan just to prove a point, I am sorry ...That is just plain Stupid...But then, Mrs. PP becoming the supreme commander of Indian Armed Forces is not all bad ... At least the crazy haired scientist will be back to doing what he does best - Making Missiles ... The Pakis seem to be gaining on us if their recent missile tests are anything to go by...
One might think that Ford has developed a sudden interest in Politics ... Let me assure you that this is totally false ... For all I care, the Bloody feminists/reservationists/Communists can screw this nation as long as their Viagra stocks last... I have had a pretty hectic time of my own the last few days to worry about them...
This Sunday, I completed one year in this city ...In just one year, I have started to feel, look and even act like a Mumbaikar... I talk like a retard, drive like a maniac and work like a dog... All characteristics of the denizens of this great city...
More importantly, Sunday was Mrs. Prefects B'day ...And as if that wasn’t stressful enough, it also happens to be my Mother in Law’s Bday... In spite of my best attempts, I could not spend the day with the ladies ... but I did manage to make up for it ... Had to call in a zillion favors and spend a fortune, but I think I pulled it off...
P was in town this weekend ... He shared with me pearls of wisdom for a happy and satisfying married life ... We have been close friends for over 10 years, but as it turns out we are still not there when it comes to discussing the "Satisfying" part of our married lives ... So I decided to shut him up by stuffing him up with some beer at the hard rock cafe ... BIG MISTAKE …
At 08:30 PM, we were among the first ones to enter and P refused to leave till they kicked us out at 1:45 AM...
Beer count -18 Pints between the two of us!!!
Like Every other time P and I go out, We discussed all possible topics from world politics to past flings ...All in all ,I had a blast...Even Ran into an old friend after a really long time...
And Once again, I managed to dodge Mumbai Police's drive against drunk drivers... Here’s a Tip for you ... Keep a spare tie in your car ... Cops usually don’t bother people who they think are going back home after a long night at the office...
BTW Sunday was also friendships day ... Here’s an extremely Girly piece of Trivia for u - The first Sunday of August was declared by the American Congress as National friendship day back in 1935... I wonder how many congressmen did Hallmark bribe to pass this bill??? But then, like Douglas said - "People who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."
Monday, August 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Mrs Ford. ( did you find her a name from the book?)
Wow, time has gone by so fast. A year eh? Feel at home yet?
Gr8 to c u back FORD! The tie wala tip was superb! Do keep passing more of ur gyan to all of us!!!
Back to old blogging ways...
Tie tip was ultimate :)
Arun
EU - I know ... As for feeling at home ... I cant really say ... May be a few more years ..
Suresh - Passing Gyan is what drives me to maintain this extremely informative and educational blog ... Its nice to be back
Arun - I am glad u found the tip useful ...
how does your boss handle you .... doesnt he get a terrible inferiority complex working with a champ like you dude
Anonymous - My boss has a really powerful weapon to handle me ... Its called year end bonus ...
good u r back. blogosphere (sorry for the cliche) wasn;t as entertaining without u around.
itheabsolute - Thanks ... Its nice to be back here .... People are much nicer to me here than they are in the real world ;-)
Post a Comment