Have you ever had days when you just walk around smiling like a moron ??? I have seen people do it and always wondered what on this pathetic excuse of a planet could be worth making a man so happy that he would smile for no apparent reason … Well now I have my answer …
A few days back , I got a link to something called Johari psychoanalysis test …. I love these tests … They are so full of shit , its hilarious …
http://kevan.org/johari?name=sab3k
So in this test , I was supposed to chose 5 traits that I thought would define me … and then my friends would give their 5 choices … Guess what only one of my 5 matched with those of others …. I guess what this means is that I am a raging schizophrenic with multiple personality disorder … Like I said … bloody hilarious … One dude actually thought that I am a deeply religious type of person … Fuckin asshole prolly got confused by my orange shirts … I guess its time I get rid of them …
Speaking of getting rid of stuff , have been on a “getting rid of “ spree … I have thrown out all strange items of clothing that I till now thought were pretty neat … It wasn’t easy … There was this double layered baseball Tshirt I had , which I absolutely loved … But I was told that double layed T’s went out of fashion along with white trousers … Which meant I also had to get rid of my White Linen trousers … Luckily I never got around buying those white leather shoes I love… Pretty sure I dwould have been forced to dump them too … However I did not give up without a fight and as part of the replacement shopping , bought myself a shirt which SRK wore in the Movie DON … Its dark blue with purple printed waves on it ;-) … It might not the most sophisticated shirt in the world but like they say “Don ko badalna Mushkil hi nahi… Na mumkin hai “
Neways , getting rid of stuff was the easy part … It got a whole lot tougher when I decided to get rid of my most disgusting habit … Smoking … Have been addicted to the death stick for years … I never felt the guilt of covering my lungs with Tar … Neither did I mind everything around me smelling like a burning tyre … A couple of months ago , one night I saw the devastation that the roll of tobacco can bring upon your loved ones … and I quit…
As you know , none of my posts is complete without some piece of life saving useful advice … This time , I am gonna tell you the secret of quitting … Be it stuff, habits , people ,memories ,credit card salesmen … You look at the subject one last time and say the magic words (preferably in your head ) “FUCK YOU” … and then forget about it … Distract yourself … every time you think about the subject , you call up a friend , chew gum , blast the speakers on your system , start an argument with your colleagues .. do whatever it takes to take you mind off … Now Ford Prefect has had a life time of experience in letting go … so it’s a lil easier for me … but trust you me , I have tried this technique many a time and it never fails … But then there are somethings that you just cant quit … Like blogging … I thought I could quit being Ford Prefect and get assimilated into the human society ... No could do … So here I am trying to give this wasteful habit of mine another shot... Lets see how it goes ... BTW G now has access to Bloomberg and of all the billions of terabytes of useful information that the terminal throws up , he is most fascinated by the "Quote of the day" he gets every morning ... and he makes it a point to diligently type the quote and SMS it to an esteemed list of people of which yours truely happens to be a proud member ... Thers one I absolutely loved ... it went " When you are at the edge of a cliff and all you see is darkness , take the step coz one of two things will happen... Either youll step on something , or youll learn to fly" A couple of moons back , I took the step ... and as it turns out ... Flying is seriously good fun ... And that ladies and gentlemen is the reason Ive been smiling like a complete jackass all day long , 7 days a week ...So keep your calenders open ... If you are lucky enough , you just might get an invitation to your first Betelgeusean wedding ...
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Hi Ford
Was wondering what had happened of you. Is consulting consumting you????
glad to see u back
hmmm...great going dude...Gawd, just the thought of marriage and you quit smoking....best of luck...but yeah do keep blogging...a few people do look forward to it.
WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~PSS
Itheabsolute - Not just consulting my friend ;-)
Anonymous - Naah .. That was part of my new year resolutions ... And this one I keep ..
PSS - Dude ... Shouldnt I be the one freaking out ??
dude... send me an SMS. I lost your cell #. Had to replace my instrument that died on me...
Congrats buddy... got the 'flash news' from someone we know... It read "Ford ne kiya thod-phod" ;-)
Hearty Congratulations Ford on quitting smoking as well as the upcoming wedding
"The Guide says that there is an art to flying ..... or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
- Ford Prefect
Life, The Universe and Everything.
I'd have thought that being Ford Prefect yourself, you would have known that already!!!
Hi FordPerfect,
Gr888 (stressing on that extraaa 8) to read ur post after a long time. Good message that u have passed on to all those voracious tobacco addicts! Thanx dude for issuing the message in public interest! Keep posting regularly:)
congrats, Ford!
Anon - Thanks
Sandgroper - Thanks for reminding me ... Yes now I remember .. that is indeed how one flies ..
Suresh - What can I say ... Im mother Teresa ... Only I am notcelebate ...
and I like scotch ;-)
Chiranth - Thanks
dude.........congrats!!!!!!
Hope u have a great blast on your wedding...
Arun
wedding bells ...koff koff...so is ford prefect gonna b domesticated ?
Post a Comment