Friday, January 05, 2007

And Were back ....

Ladies and Gentlemen ... My heart felt apologies for disappearing without notice ... A few of you have expressed concern over my well being and in some cases even my very existance ... I appreciate your care and would like to assure you that I am alive and kicking .. In fact kicking some serious corporate ass if I might add .... Having said that , I would also like to add that i have been extremely busy the last few weeks ... Solstice, New years , A's promotion , S's Weeding ,G's B'day... Its all happening and the year is just 5 days old !!! As you can imagine , I have found myself is varing states of ineberation almost every night .... as for the days , my firm has been doing a good job of recovering every single penny they spent on me the last 6 months ... Have been working like a dog , but for a change am having a lot of fun at it ...

End of 2006 saw me travelling to Hyd and back into good old ISB ... Met up with a lot of my batchmates ... Turns out I wasnt really missing them all that much ... These reunions can sometimes be quite a drag ... Good thing I was carrying my own hipflask .. comes in quite handy when your batchmates ramble on and on and on about how they are heading a centre of excellence for strategic growth in sub Saharan Africa ...
Well thats a sum total of what I have been up to ... The year 2007 has been really good to me till now .. Fingers crossed that the good times would continue ... Talking of good times , any body knows how I can get my hands on the KingFisher Calander ???

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.kingfishercalendar.com/2007/

Ford Prefect said...

Thanks anon , but Im looking for the hard copy ... need it to plan my appointments for the year ...

Anonymous said...

nice to see you back Ford... new year wishes..

Suresh S Murthy said...

Gr8 to c u back FORD. Wish u a very happy and a prosperous new yr.

Suresh S Murthy said...

Gr8 to c u back FORD. Wish u a very happy and a prosperous new yr.

Ford Prefect said...

Anoonymous - Thanks... Its nice to see you too ...Wish you a happy new year

Suresh - I like how you added prosperous ;-)... Thats the key to happiness my friend ... Amen ... And wish you have a smashing 2007 ...

Anonymous said...

Doubt those calenders give away the numbers you might need to plan your appointments.Good luck anyway..

educatedunemployed said...

You do know this doesnt really qualify for a real post don't you?..:p

greensatya said...

Centre of excellence for strategic growth in sub-saharan Africa !! sounds close to food processing industry in Sudan :)

Yeah I would like to see more posts here, like your writing.


And boy why to ask for the hard copy of calendar, ask the number of the models in there !

Anonymous said...

ford bhai aajkal kam post kar rahe ho bahut.. hope you havent started becoming productive for your bosses.... amit

Ford Prefect said...

Anon - You get me the calander ... Ill arrange for the numbers ;-)

EU - Define a real post

Greensatya - Thanks dude ... And whats with the numbers?? Why is everybody obsessed with the numbers ... Just give me my calander ..

Amit - Well not my boss ... I am juts being productive for a change ... Part of my new avtaar...

Anonymous said...

Whats the meaning of 'Globing'/'Globe' in MBA parlance.....

Anonymous said...

Hey Ford.....I have become quite a fan of your writing....Are we seeing a transition in you this year....From the WTF guy to some serious consultant..
just a thought..:)
Arun

Ford Prefect said...

Arun - Transition from WTF guy to a serious consultant ... Hmmm .. I like that ...

Anonymous - I have no idea what Globing means ... in MBA parlance or for that matter any parlance ..

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe the extent this virus has spread :)
stunned,
n

Anonymous said...

its pretty annoying to see the same bloody thing for sooooo long!!!

Anonymous said...

I so agree with Trillian..

don'thaveaclue said...

ford...wanna bet on who's that last person who can't wait for ur next post?.... :)

don'thaveaclue said...

i win! amazing how u draw 'em to u ford...hehhee...the kind from the alfred hitchcock classic...

Anonymous said...

boss...new month...time for a post???

Anonymous said...

What ra! Mr Don'thaveaclue, what do you have against people like us?But I am glad I could bring out the child like happiness in you.You win you say with an exclamation mark.I am so happy for you da!

As for you, Mr Prefect, you are being terribly missed.

Whizkid said...

On kingfisher calander - Nov 2006, is my college fren "Mashoom". Socha..aapko bata dun ;)