Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Brat...

"You are quite a brat" she said
Now I have heard that one before ... its just that this time I was semi naked and lying on my back with gel all over me...

I have been charged with being a lot of things from time to time ... A bunch of people think I am a snob ... Something I vehemently deny ... I like to think of myself as a son of the soil ... A grassroots person ... Someone in touch with the masses ... But this does not mean I like to take foreigners out for a 2 hour tour of Dharavi ...I am a Son of the soil not Superman ... I can catch germs and diseases ... Plus I don’t think Dharavi is a true depiction of India ... So when my plan of showing them the slums from the rooftop restaurant at The Orchid was shot down , I bailed out and was labeled as a snob ... Whatever ..

I have also been told that I am high maintenance ... I would like to add that this comes from certain friends of mine who have turned cheapness into a form of art ... Last night , I was in charge of booze procurement ... Now when you ask Ford Prefect to bring the alcohol , rest assured you shall be spending the night consuming the good stuff ...It might pinch your wallet a little , but you cant put a price on getting wasted on scotch with friends on a Monday night can you ... And its only befitting that you show some respect to a finely blended and aged product and have it in a crystal glass polished to a shine ... Well the sponsors of last nights binge did not share my views and were quick to label yours truly as high maintenance...

The most bizarre accusation however was made over the weekend ... I was called a quitter ... Now the events leading to this were quite interesting... I had an awesome time this weekend meeting up someone I was looking forward to meeting a long time ... And true to my expectations , I had a blast ... So after a round of drinks , a heavy dinner, a sizzling brownie , a banofee and something the menu called 'Death by chocolate' , I was more high on sugar than on the alcohol ... decided to burn off some of the carbs with a long walk on carter road and by the time I dropped her home , my phone was already ringing and I was summoned up to the HQ for a detailed report on the encounter ... That is when I was called a quitter and a bad finisher... In fact at one point in time, I was asked to leave coz I had apparently brought shame and disgrace to the whole group ... I didn’t even know I was in a group until then!!! ... I had my revenge on Monday night when I made them pay through their noses for the expensive scotch...

I am accustomed to people judging me without fully comprehending all facts of the case ... Its a lil irritating , but I know that at the end of the day , you take that from people you know wont ever give up on you ... And those are the people you hold on to no matter what ...

Before I close ... She called me a brat when I listed all the broken bones and stitches I have had in life ... The reason I was semi naked and covered in gel is coz I was having my ECG done ... Aren’t you ashamed of yourself now ???

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, talking of brat, i was reminded of you when i saw ranvir in khosla ka ghosla!
hope u're coming for solstice
~PSS

Ford Prefect said...

PSS - You bet I am ... and why were you reminded of Ranvir ?? I havent seen khosla ka ghosla , but now I really wanna ..

educatedunemployed said...

Sizzling brownie...banofee..doesn't sound like a quitter if he went on to 'death by chocolate'. Sure sounds like a good finish to me..:D

Anonymous said...

Whats with the ECG dude? and who is the speciallady you quit on?? ;-)

Ford Prefect said...

EU - Well theres life beyond chocolate you know ...

Ferrari - Solstice my friend ... Thats when we talk ... Bring lots of beer ...

Anonymous said...

ranvir and prefect? PSS and Ford, you two are stretching it a bit now; nevertheless, the comment was the most interesting part of the blog.... Hilarious is the pain that you would have gone through Prefect.... post-ECG!! If I understand it correctly, its the consulting interview you were talking about Ford, innit? Essex Consulting Group or something?

G

Ford Prefect said...

G - I think PSS was refering to the Goatee I used to have back in ISB ... Ranvir has one of those in the movie ... I wish I could keep it again ... May be folks at Essex Consulting Group would let me keep one .. After all they interviewed me with my shirt off and gel all over me ...

P said...

Interesting interesting...

Anonymous said...

i was refering to the useless, good for nothing dude that he was in the first half of the movie!:p
~PSS

Ford Prefect said...

perspective inc - Thank u , Thank u...

PSS- Uselsess , Good for nothing !!! WTF man ... Thats the second time this morning Im hearing that... Looks like its just not my day ...

Maverick said...

hey ford,

long time but finally got to read ur post... as always... :)

needed to ask u a few qns bout the mba process and isb apps... could u release ur contact details?

u culd mail me at iafmaverick@gmail.com

ela1ne1 said...

you're such an anticlimax mathur.

Ford Prefect said...

Elaine- Now if someone were to take that out of this context , I didnt come off very well .... Please specify that the anticlimax is just a reference made to this post and not to the general behaviour of yours truly...

Anonymous said...

boss time for a new post....

Anonymous said...

time for a new post i said....don't you get that Mr Saurabh Mathur....

Anonymous said...

is all well with you mr ford perfect.....even not a reply yet

Ford Prefect said...

Anonymous - "Dont you get that" !!!! You lil fuckwart
I post when I feel like posting .. So till then ,find something else to entertain yourself .. like a book or a banana or whatever you fancy ....

Anonymous said...

hehe.....you lil ...... hehe ;-)

Anonymous said...

I am kinda missing you knowing you are in ISB right now..:(..

I mean the fun FP..not this angry swearing horrid SM...who the hell is this anyway...

Anonymous said...

next post please

Anonymous said...

Top of da 2007 2 u Mr Ford

Anonymous said...

dude...write something...u seem to have vanished...

educatedunemployed said...

There should be rules against such uninformed disappearance.