Isn’t it strange how quickly our lives change into routines … Every now and then we try to ruffle things up , but then it always falls back into a series of repeatable activities … People go to great extents to break the monotony of doing the same thing over and over again …. G for example has started cycling … As if cycling 7 kilometers in the heart of Mumbai wasn’t weird enough , he does it at Midnight … Every night at the stroke of 12 , the one quarter sardar in him awakens , makes him pick up his bicycle and off he goes where no sane man has gone before on a 12 gear all aluminum Gary Fischer bike … I would have been happy for him , but I know that very soon hes gonna get bored and quit … Either that or N will throw his bike out of their 10th story apptt… Till that time if you see a Lance Armstrong look-alike in spandex shorts on a Grey Colored bike blocking your way the Juhu Tara road , please don’t run him down …
Coming back to the topic at hand … Shifting to Mumbai was a big change in terms of lifestyle … Crazy traffic , long ass commutes , late nights at work , late nights outside work … At one point of time , I started thinking that things might get our of hand … But 3 months down the line , everything is in control … In fact , its not just in control , its gotten kindda boring … I could join G in his Midnight cycle expeditions , but I don’t want the police to think that we are a new variant of the Kaccha Baniyaan Gang and arrest us … I could do what Spew did and buy myself an Enfield.. Trillian doesn’t approve of this .. She thinks one should not attempt to entertain oneself by buying stuff … Specially when one cant afford that stuff …She is right you know … I have been buying a lot of stuff in my pursuit of happiness … My latest purchase was a seriously cool Rock Bonsai … It’s a bonsai tree on a Rock !!! Just a frikkin rock!!! …N warned me that I might not be able to take care of such a delicate lil thing, but I just had to get it ….It was amazing how the tree was surviving on just a rock with no mud around it … Turns out it wasn’t … The moment I got it home , the poor fella started dying … Gave it to N and last I saw , Mr. Bonsai was out of danger and doing a lot better … Well at least it wasn’t a complete waste of money … Although it did abruptly end my grand plans of converting my room into a Japanese Zen garden … That would have brought some seriously kickass peace and serenity in my life … I am also rethinking about that exotic aquarium I was gonna get for myself … Ill just stick to buying electronic gadgets … Speaking of which , I might get myself a High Fidelity Music system … Am researching on Amps in my spare time … I have short listed these speakers … Am still mulling over getting myself an active bass controller… G thinks I definitely should .. My banker thinks I definitely should not … Irrespective of weather I spend my salary this month on this ridiculous purchase or not, I am quite enjoying learning the finer details of digital audio science …
Continuing with breaking routines, my good friend M thought that his life was turning into quite a drag and the only way he could think of getting out of it was by bringing another member in his family … Yes sir … the dude is gonna become a dad … Given how P and I have always treated him as a child , this for all practical purposes is gonna make us Grandfathers ... And I aint even married yet !!! I just shudder to think of the big lecture I am gonna get when I tell my mom about M … Then again this is not about me … Its about M and his lovely wife M (yeah they are both M’s) …. I have known them as a couple for almost 5 years now … They were going out back then and in spite of being married for 3 years, they continue to remain one of the most fun couples I know … Way to go guys … I shall come and visit you when you get the thing potty trained …
P on the other hand has been extremely hectic trying to get his grihasthi settled in chilly Columbus… He’s been living like a pig in his bachelor pad for years and now has to adjust to living with another human being … One who does not share his enthusiasm in sniffing food to see if its still edible … It’s a huge change for him … This means he would no longer be able to continue with his weekend ritual of drinking a couple of 6 packs and hitting on his roomie’s lady friends …
As much as I sympathize with these guys, I cant help but feel good about it … At least my life aint that bad …I guess I just have to keep inventing ways to mix it up every now and then … Nothing as drastic as P , M or G though …
PS: The author does not intend to promote the movie Zindagi Rocks through the title of this post ... I havent seen it ,but from what I hear it sucks big time ... I just liked the title ...
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
i have a project for you to keep things interesting. Help me invest 1lac a year...AND explain everything about these investments...
Awwww crap...
what?
not interesting enough?
ha ha... Ford times the market very well. You have got right person.
Trillian - I was hpoing for something a bit more exciting than structuring your investments ... Im sad now
Monk - True my friend ... Buy low sell high ... Thats my motive in life ...
everything becomes routine? i hope not! i'd have to kill myself the day monday morning 6am flights become routine to me
well i do visit Vijay's blog if thats wat u meant.....bt he hardly updates these days.......im sure u guys are all busy.........oh well. attended this presentation on Consulting.......wel happened to be more of IT consulting........n those jerks were jst trying to promote their Co. in our campus! its sad that no one really wants to actually talk bt wat they do!
PS: i really wonder if they do at all ! :P
oops that was meant to be jasmine ;)
I shall come and visit you when you get the thing potty trained …
On Earth they are called children/child ... :D
donthaveaclue - Given th eprofession you have shosen , I see no other way ... But hey .. Atleast you get a lot of free miles ;-)
Jasmine - You need to chill girl ... Seriously ... and if yu really wanna get some gyan on consulting ,oick uo the phone and give your consultant alums a call ...
Dr Grunthos - Have you seen them ??? They are seriously Yuck ... And hey your medication is working... was well enough to haul my ass all the way to a net cafe ..
Post a Comment