Friday, November 17, 2006

High on Medication !!!

What sucks most about falling sick is not the fever or the splitting headache or the horrible food my Mom makes me eat ...Its the boredom ... Have been trapped inside 401 Primrose for 2 days now .. My only contact with the outside world being a TV and a mobile cellular telephone ... Given how all my friends happen to be extremely busy precisely the day when I have lots of free time to pass, I turned to my trusted ol friend Mr Television...
I found out that when we are away slogging our asses at the office, the Cathode Ray Tube entertainer becomes a whole different beast... Every alternate channel shows some variant of saas bahu serial... Personally I have nothing against Ekta Kapoor ... If millions of house wives in India are stupid enough to watch these dumbass soaps , why wouldn’t miss Kapoor make a fortune out of it ... BTW I saw her at the hard rock cafe the other night ... She looks quite creepy with that big tilak on her head ..
Neways , I am not too bothered by Soaps ... As long as I get my staple diet of Discovery, Animal Planet, National Geographic and The History Channel , Id be happy even if I’m marooned on an island ... or so I thought ... By some freakish coincidence, all these channels were showing documentaries on Crocodiles .. I already know everything there is to know about crocs ... I agree that they are awesome creatures and everything , but there a limit to how many times you can watch a Nile croc eat a zebras guts ... And as if that wasn’t gross enough , the ad breaks during afternoons are jam packed with feminine products ...Seriously , I must have heard the words "Suraksha" and "Dryness" a hundred times in one hour ...I know I am being a lil insensitive here , but hey , I am already sick .. I have shit loads of antibiotics in me and they aren’t reacting very well with the scotch I had last night ...The last thing I want to see is a bunch of chics inside a tent talking about “Freedom” … Hold on .. that I believe is aReliance telecom ad … Trillian , here some feedback for you … Ask them to make a new ad …
I strongly disapprove of these MNC's wasting all this money on ads when there is still so much R&D which can be done to make their product so much more efficient... Now I don’t claim to be a scientist or anything , but my engineering instincts cant help but suggest a few modifications to make life better for 50% of all humanity ... Think about the last time it rained during a one day match at Perth .. Just as all that water threatens to ruin a perfect day of cricket, what do the bring out ?? A super Soaker ... For the uninformed, a Super Soaker is basically a tractor on which is mounted a cylindrical drum made up of a super absorbent material and connected to an electric rotor pump... Now I haven’t finalized the designs to fit this apparatus to a female body , but off the top of my head , I am thinking of a cylindrical capillary network which shall maintain a low pressure though a miniature tullu pump (you know the type they have on desert coolers)... The whole thing can be powered by a 9 volt Lithium ion battery which can be charged by your standard Nokia charger ... Think of the immense possibilities man ... Now If I had the patience or the stomach to take this product to conclusion, I would have been a rich man ... but I don’t ... so feel free to take up this idea and work on it ...
I hope you all learnt something today ... Next time Ill tell you about the circuit breaker condoms I designed ... These battery powered aluminum foil condoms release a nasty charge when they rupture , thereby warning both parties of the impending aids/child danger ... Till that time take care and good bye from "Fords Fantastic Ideas for a Better Tomorrow"

20 comments:

educatedunemployed said...

Fever is getting to your head,I think you need serious help.*grave look*..:p

Anonymous said...

Tooooooo much...
God..of all things a tullu pump! and where do u expect women to hold that?

don'thaveaclue said...

the folks at the WACA (Western Australia Cricket Association) don't use some unwanted moisture as an excuse to get nasty and bite your head off...thats how they deserve the supersopper!

educatedunemployed said...

What is a tullu pump?

Ford Prefect said...

EU- Thats the problem with mumbaiites ...You guys dont have desert coolers here ... Next time you go to delhi , ask someone ..

Anon- Given the size of bags women carry these days , I dont think it should be a problem ...

donthaveaclue- Well Now I have a way to get rid of the unwanted moisture ... So no more getting our heads bitten off .. I think I should get a nobel for this one .. And thanks for telling me its called a supersopper ... I always thought its called supersoaker..

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!! awating ur circuit breaker condoms idea :P

Anonymous said...

Ford Dude.. you are turning to be a threat to humanity....;)

Anonymous said...

Of late I started looking at your blog. Nowadays I religiously follow your blog for the new postings.
I really like your style of writing. Its bindas.

Chalte chalte

If someone says u r ugly, its ok, if someone says u r stupid, its ok, If someone says u r genius slap him as tight as you can n say there is a limit of kidding n u r now crossing the limit.

Jai ram ji ki

Ford Prefect said...

Jasmine - Awaiting ???!!! It could be a long wait .. I say you go ahead with the normal ones till I get the required FDA approvals ..

Dawn Always - I thought I was doing good to humanity

Anonymous - Why are you leaving creepy email forwards on my blog ??

Anonymous said...

Ford... you said chilli powder sometime in Term 6... when did it change to 'Circuit breakers'?

try to rope in your fav. lady from the ICICI 'Babuji' ad... she will make life better for you & your product :-)

Anonymous said...

Good for you dude...

whenever I watch TV it is always the 'ab crunch' ad as part of Tele shopping... I guess I'm suffering from what I call the 'Hammer-Nail' syndrome.

Anonymous said...

... the sub-consicous thingie is called 'Hammer-Nail' syndrome.

When you have a hammer in hand... everything looks like a nail. What I dread always comes on TV :-(

Anonymous said...

Ford,

Animal planet... hmmm... i remember the day when SK and i walked in on you watching monkey porn on one of these channels.
~PSS

Anonymous said...

Anonymous (?)... pls identify yourself !

I dont remember it... but yeah.. whatever you said is true ;-)

Ford's ignition point is very low with high latent heat... lets test him ;-) see how he reacted to 'ICICI' connection.

Ford Prefect said...

Monk - Dude ... The chennai heat is getting to you ,my friend ... The SK isnt you ...

Anonymous said...

You know what you'd make a best selling author....seriously contemplate getting a book published....
Smiles

Anonymous said...

yeah... case of mistaken identity... But it's strange that you didn't refute... the other comment..

'Monkey'??? Ha ha ha !!

Ford Prefect said...

Anonymous - Work has begun on my book ... Havent made much progress though coz my co-author is too lazy and distracted to contribute meaningfully ...

Monk - The anonymous person has already signed off as PSS ...Now dont tell me you dont know who PSS is ... As for the monkey comments, I shall not react to them ... I have decided not to bother myself with small things in life anymore ... I shall from now on be cool internally ..

Anonymous said...

the co-author is none of those things.
the co-author only wishes you'd bloody visit atleast once...

Anonymous said...

hope that Ford has recovered by now & his majesty's idea workshop is shut for now?