Friday, November 24, 2006

Thank You ...

I’m scared shit... I really am ... For three days now , I have been seeing a hearse ... For the vocabularly challenged , a hearse is a vehicle they carries dead bodies ... The problem is , I keep running into the same one again and again ... Its a white colored Tata station wagon with an all glass body... and its freaking me out ... The first time I saw it was on Tuesday near Juhu ... then I saw it Wednesday morning on my way to work near Mahim ... then in the evening near Bandra ... Yesterday I spotted it near A's apptt... I told him about it ... He was quite interested in the story ... After giving it a really long hard thought, the bastard asked me if it meant that I could be "gone" soon ... and if that were the case, weather he could have my turquoise shirt ... Turns out he's recently bought a very expensive tie and he doesn’t have a single shirt the tie would go with.... I told him what a big useless waste of carbon he is and that I pray that I be wearing that shirt during my departure so that he doesn’t get it ... Having said that , I don’t think I can ever bring myself to wear my beloved turquoise shirt again ... I really gotta think stuff through before opening my big mouth ...

Death Premonitions apart , I am quite worked up about a lot of other stuff too ... My sis is getting engaged tomorrow ... I am flying out tonight ... Trust you me ,right now I would do anything to avoid being inside a metal tube hurling at 550 miles an hour 10,000 feet above the ground , but then I don’t really have a choice ... I hate North Indian wedding functions ... They are loud , they are expensive and they are a lot of work ... But all said and done , they are a lot of fun too .. Looking forward to the weekend in Delhi...

BTW happy thanks giving day ... I love the concept of having a day to thank God and his creations for everything... Well at least that’s what the pilgrims had in mind when they invented this day … Right before they decided that the Red Indians have been thanked enough and that it was time to slaughter them and drive them out of their land forever... All in the name of spreading the white mans message ... Neways , I shall not let my right wing bigoted views get in the way of you having a great thanks giving weekend ... I know you don’t get turkey in India ,but I suggest you take a moment out to thank all those around you who make your existence on this pitiful excuse for a planet a lil bit more meaningful ... I know I am gonna be making a lot of thank you calls today day ... Never know when I might run into that white station wagon again ...


PS: I saw the hearse again today, just as I was crossing the road to my office it was standing right in front of me, stuck in traffic ...So if you think its just coincidence, I suggest you go fuck yourself...

7 comments:

educatedunemployed said...

Your sister is getting engaged but looks like you are freaking out??..:P

Many congratulations to her.And you go get a grip of yourself.

Anonymous said...

god bless you buddy....

Anonymous said...

i think your subconsious is trying to say something to you...

Anonymous said...

sorry about the bad spelling...

Vinay Pandey said...

Reminds me of Michael Pinto Undertakers at Mahim. Evtime i passed that shop on my way to college, I used to be freaked out sufficiently. And although they are quite creative with their one-liners outside the shop, stuff such as "we are the last people who'll let you down" or "people are dying for our services" could never make me smile...

Congratulations to your sis for the engagement

Ford Prefect said...

EU- I shall try ...

Anon- Thanks ... And may God bless you too ...

Trillian - And what do you think its trying to say ?

Vinay - To be honest , I do find them a lil funny ...

Anonymous said...

may??...what the crap???...he has to...i need it badly...really badly...