Monday, November 27, 2006

Back ....

I love flights ... For those 30 seconds when the plane charges down the airstrip like an angry rhino , I wish from the bottom of my heart that they would let me roll down the windows so that I could stick my head out and let my tongue swagger like a dog (I do that in auto rickshaws but its not the same ) ... Even though I know the theory behind powered flight ,I cant help but be fascinated every single time a plane takes off ...The thrill of feeling thousands of Kilos of metal rise in the air almost takes away the pain of being stuck in traffic on way to the airport , waiting at the lounge and having creepy CISF personnel feel you up ... Almost ...
What troubles me most however is when the airhostesses try explaining to the people sitting next to the emergency exits how to open the exit doors in case of an emergency ... On my flight last night were three apes who happened to be on the emergency exit row right in front of me ... Now these three gentlemen were on what seemed to be their first air travel... So amused were they by the overhead rotating ac controls that they played with it for over 15 mins!!! ... When the airhostess came to explain to them how they should open the emergency gate , they shook their heads like they understood the procedure perfectly ...When the hostess left ,I overheard the ensuing conversation… The asshole sitting next to the emergency gate was convinced that she was hitting on him coz she was looking at him the whole time she was yapping...The guy next to him was seriously pissed off coz he was told that all airhostesses wear short skirts and the ones on this plane were wearing saris … The third dude wanted to know what the whole ruckus was about and why she was talking to his friend …That was enough for me to mentally prepare my game plan in case the aircraft had to make an unplanned landing ... If I were to survive the crash , I would hit the three stooges on the head with my hand baggage , then step over them to reach for the door ,open it and slide down before the damn fuel tank catches fire and explodes ... Luckily the plane landed normally and I did not have to execute my plan ...
Spent the weekend in Delhi ... met up with all my aunts and uncles and cousins...Most of my cousins are married and are reproducing like bunnies ... Every time I meet my family, there seems to be a new addition ... and they all make it a point to make me pick up the new arrival and pose while it chooses to use my shirt to drool upon... Not to mention the yucky baby smell that just wont leave you all evening ... Other than that,I had a great time ... The way my clan celebrates a family get-together would put even the Vikings to shame ...Seriously ...The amount of alcohol that gets consumed on these occasions is incredible ... There was a time when my sis started to get a lil concerned if we would all be able to make it to the rendezvous point in time ... But in the end we all made it and in time... More or less... The ceremony went off quite well … I was extremely well behaved the whole time … Right till the point I was asked to take care of the bloody hotel bill … It’ll take me a couple of days to recover from the shock and a couple of years to recover financially … But then again … I guess that’s what Big brothers are for …

5 comments:

don'thaveaclue said...

congratulations on ur sis's engagement dude...

Anonymous said...

You have got wonderful writing skills..I always wait to read your new posting...

Anonymous said...

I liked your escape plan. I was once trapped on a plane and had a very similar plan...but the motivations were very different. Will tell you about it sometime...

And congratulations :)

Ford Prefect said...

dinthaveaclue - Thanks dude

Amit - Thanks ...

Trillian - Thanks ... And will wait to hear what prompetd you to have an escape plan ...

Anonymous said...

You write so well.You are the bestest.

Congratulations on your sister's engagement dude...