Most of us think Friday the 13th sucks because this is the day Jason comes out and kills all those hot slutty chics making out in a barnyard , or the lake , or in the woods or in a car parked in some desolate stretch of highway ... Given my fondness for chics of this genere, I am quite pissed of Jason... Hes quite an asshole ... and I am also mad at him for giving a bad name to Friday the 13th ... But it turns out that Jason alone is not responsible for the disrepute of this day and date...
=====================================================
On October 13, 1307, a day so infamous that Friday the 13th would become a synonym for ill fortune, officers of King Philip IV of France carried out mass arrests in a well-coordinated dawn raid that left several thousand Templars — knights, sergeants, priests, and serving brethren — in chains, charged with heresy, blasphemy, various obscenities, and homosexual practices. None of these charges was ever proven, even in France — and the Order was found innocent elsewhere — but in the seven years following the arrests, hundreds of Templars suffered excruciating tortures intended to force 'confessions,' and more than a hundred died under torture or were executed by burning at the stake.
=====================================================
And so began the story of Friday the 13th.... Exactly 699 years later, October the 13th is a Friday again... For the truly paranoid, 666 is the devils number... Why the devil needs a number is beyond me ... A friend of mine's cars registration number is 666 and below it he has proudly proclaimed "The Devils Own"... Now I find this a lil hard to believe coz Mr. Devils Own happens to be a Vegetarian and a complete Teetotaler ... He more like The Sissy's Own...
Neways coming back to Friday the 13th , I have been researching heavily on how to cure oneself from the horrible horrible monstrosity that this day and date stands for ... The world wide web is full of them...
One recommendation is to climb to the top of a mountain or skyscraper and burn all the socks you own that have holes in them. I personally believe it is a malicious attempt by the sock companies to increase sales of socks ... Burn all socks with holes in them indeed ... and what do I wear to office then??? Next you know, they’ll ask us to wash them bloody socks every week ... Imagine everybody burning their old smelly socks on their rooftops on Friday the 13th... That’s what I would call a self fulfilling prophecy ...
Another cure is to stand on your head and eat a piece of gristle. I really cant comment on this cause I don’t know what a gristle is ... For all you know, it might be a type of Bhindi ... Id rather face the wrath of Satan and sell my soul to him than eat that green crap....
Some more common cures include -
Hang your shoes out of the window...
Walk around your house 13times on Friday the 13th
Sleep with a mirror under your pillow for the first 3 Fridays before Friday the 13th...
Walk around the block with your mouth full of water
Wear or eat Garlic....
As desperate as I am not to get into any more shit than I am in , none of these are solutions I can implement without losing my job , apartment or whatever left of my self esteem ... So I guess Ill just take my chances .. I mean bad things happen to me all the time anyways...
As a aside, during my research on Friday the 13th, I came across another interesting superstition. If you have 13 letters in your name, you will have the devil's luck. Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Theodore Bundy and Albert De Salvo all have 13 letters in their names... Guess how many letters my name has....
And before I close , its my B'day on Friday the 13th ... So before you decide to harrow me to throw a party , think again ... I think it would be safer if you just keep your distance and courier me the gifts... ;-)
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
34 comments:
Ford... bouts of 'Obsessive Impulsive Disorder'??
No dude... Bouts of shit scared of what the omens have in store for me ;-)
No wonder you have turned out like that.Freako..:p
And gristle isn't bhindi it is some part of the meat..Bone or cartilage that can be eaten..Go check..and leave Bhindi alone.
EU - Freako ?? Me ??? You know wat a gristle is ... That I believe comprehensively settles who the freako is on this page ...
The solutions for fthe13th problem seem more scary than the problem itself
gristle ... hmmmmm
sounds like some bone or something to me
Ram - Dont they ... Freaky friday is coming ... be afraid .. be very afraid ...
Hey, a lotta good (n important)things have happened to me on 13th..
And am doing pretty good in life!
Appy Bday in advance..
enjoi!
How ignorant of me to have forgotten your Paraskevidekatriaphobiacal bday
May ur birthday be celebrated at chennai eating bindhi with married guys at a place where there are a lot of mosquitoes
guess thats it
bye for now
Ram - Why ?? Why ?? Why ?? What have I ever done to you ?? Why do you hate me ??
Dawn Always - A lot of kinda important things happened to me too on the 13th.. I mean I was born on the 13th ... and I turned out fine too ... so yeah we can say there is nothing wrong with the 13th ...
Appu - In that case , you can just transfer the money into my account ...
i think plying ppl you know well and some you don't with unlimited amounts of alcohol should be a sure-fire way of a good friday the 13th...
Have a great birthday, Ford!
May the fear of Jason make all the hot & slutty chicks scramble towards your house.
Advance wishes Ford
Happy b'day
looks like ford has quite some time to think about his birthday... wishes in advance.. wouldnt want to visit this page on 13th..
whoa...did someone ever tell u ....that u write well....man ur writing is awesome....ur blog helps me pass my sundays in a to the skin vegetarian city which also believes that booze is somehow evil....god bless the city administrators.....ne ways boss...awesome....keep going...
Anonymous 1 - Thanks ...and I understand ur fear...
Anonymous 2 - Dude where are you ?? Get out of there ...
Phanindra - Thanks mate ...
Chirnath - Amen ...
Dontaveaclue - Thats an awesome idea dude ... Alcohol is known to ward off evil spirits ... Lets start drinking at the stroke of 12 tonight and not stop till Jason goes back to sleep ... Theyve tried pretty much everything else ... I think this approach deserves a shot...
I object to you classifying all hot chicks as slutty. You do this all the time and its not nice.
And the best thing about this post: The Sissy's Own :)
Btw doesn't Don'thaveaclue have the best ideas? :D
I'm usually amongst the first 3 to comment here...i think this is a sign of how hard i've been working.
You should courier me some gifts to make me feel better.
Woo hoo you giving out gifts on your own birthday dude.So my address has been sent to your mail box..
Trillian - I object to your objection... Never in my lfe have I ever directly or indirectly implied that all hot chics are slutty ... Not that I have anything against hot chics being slutty ... which is not to mean that I think slutty chics cannot be hot or hot chics cannot be slutty ... In fact I do not discriminate against any chics based on hotness of looks or loosness of characters ... You know that ...
And Yes Donthaveaclue has the best ideas ... He is rockingly awsome and Shockingly hot .. Not to mention his drop dead gorgeous looks ,charming personality and rib tickling humor ... He is "The Man" ... There .. Now you better get me some seriously expensive gifts...
As for you working hard ... I toldja ... I am proud of you ... Youve come a long long way ... and dont lose hope ... Hard work is always rewarded (so they say , I have no personal experience in this regards) ;-)
Ford: Can you try not posting another blog entry as a comment.
You #@%^#^&@!#%@#$% !! ;-)
happy birthday ford :)
Happy Bday Ford
Happy Birthday:) Have a good one!
To the tall handsome intelligent unbelievable god's-gift-to-mankind Ford:
Many Happy Returns of the day!
Happy B'day Ford.
Cheers
Monk - My bad ... and whats with the short temper dude ??? Looks like you need a lil R&R ... come to Mumbai ...
Maverick - Thanks
Anonymouses - Thanks
Duhita - Thanks
itheabsolute - Thanks .. and lets catch up sometime .. preferably before you leave for the US so that I may give you a list of stuff to get for me from the dutyfree ;-)
happy birthday ford and i already did give expensive gifts fool..
Happy B'Day ford .... I think the best thing you can ask god today is to get transferred to the most happening place on this planet ... Chennai :-)
Thanks Trillian ... And thanks for the expensive gifts too ... I really appreciate them ;-) ...
Ram - You freak show ... Dude if I come to chennai , I would be squatting at your place and then youll rue the day you ever wished for me to come to Chennai
belated happy birthday Ford... and you're bloody funny.:))
Thanks Elaine ...
happoy birthday ford...
n btw devil's number is 9 ..6 other way round...some gyaan..
satan was thrown out of the heavens because of his pride. He flatly refused to bow to man when god asked all the angels to pay obsinance to him.He said(and I quote;) ' I who is made of fire, shalt not bow to the one who is made of clay' !
His refusal and 'better to rule in hell than serve in heaven' paved the way to a new entity in the cosmic order.
9 is the number of pride.Multiply any number by nine and the sume of the digits of that number will always be 9. 6 is just ill informed propaganda.
13 is a number which...well swings both ways ..13 can be real unlucky or real lucky ...but its power cannot b denied..
Happy B'thday again
Post a Comment