Following is a quote from the book I included in my post on my last B'day ... A year later ,things have changed ... Some people around me have changed ...The challenges before me have changed , heck even most of my wardrobe has changed ...In fact ,I think even I have changed (atleast I am trying...) , but this still makes as much sense today as it did then ...
===============================================
Anything that happens, happens.Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen causes something else to happen.Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again happens again.It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though
~ Mostly Harmless
===============================================
"I came to this city looking for a fresh begining ...A city that was completly alien , a job I hadnt a clue about ... But I wasnt fussed coz I had the strongest support system any body could wish for ... Some old friends who have been there through thick and thin for years ,some new friends I made over the last year and some more I made since coming here ... and so far its been an awesome ride ... If I were to look at the year thats gone by , theres nothing I did which I wouldnt gladly do again ... I might have goofed up , I might have made some grave mistakes ... but given a chance , Id probably do it all over again ... Looking forward to the year and all that it promises to bring with it... New friends, new adventures and hopefully even a new car... To health and happiness " -
That was part of the speech I gave last night ...I was down a few glasses of wine and a couple of beers , but I still meant every single word ... Thanks G for throwing the most awesome B'day party ... Hes been doing it for quite some time now and the dude manages to outdo himself every single time ... and Thanks to N for some awesome advice ... Its about time I start listening to her ...She probably knows better than anybody else how hopeless I can be at times , but she just refuses to give up on me ... Thanks N ... I promise to behave myself from now ... and I also promise you wont ever have to wake up in the middle of the night to check if I am alive ;-) ...
And by the way ... The title of the post is a bankers way of wishing you a happy 27th B'day ... There were quite a few of them around...
Friday, October 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Have a great year ahead Mathur.
hi ford
now i know who u r and how u look..got a photo of urs from warikoo...well, i had met u when u came in term1 at sv-1...we were chattin in front of the sv1 tower...HAPPY B'DAY..!
Rishik
Anon1 - Thanks
Rishik - Thanks ...
Ford:
Mottu has bowled 'a maiden over'... when are you taking the crease?
Wish you hit the jackpot this year. You have spent enough time alone... err.. wait... have you? ;-)
Monk - Dont get cheeky again ... Speaking of cheeky , time to update your blog dude ... and are u going to Motus wedding ??
dude... I parked the blog post for weekend... but weekend was again hectic like a weekday. have to post one before the 'B' pressure comes ;-)
Will try... there is another marriage on the same day. I think I will have to ask them for what is there in the menu before I make my trip ;-)
Monk - Whats a "B pressure"??
Appu - Thanks ..
you dont know 'B' !! do you remember this conversation...
Interviewer - Do you have any questions?
Interviewee - No questions. I read...__________
Hey Ford,
Belated Happy B'day :) must say the title is really creative ;)
Monk - Now I remember ...
Jasmine - Thanks .. and I cant take credit for the creativity ofthe title .. Its my good friend G who comes up with stuff like this ..
going to your quadie's marriage?
Post a Comment