I regularly have these moments of clarity... Moments when it all becomes absolutely clear... when solutions appear, answers are heard and life the universe and everything starts to make sense ... Unfortunately, these things invariably happen when I do not have access to a pen and paper or a laptop ... and so by the time the sun rises, I forget ... I swear to god I have had such beautiful ingenious ideas that I have no recollection of... Pieces of poetry, words of wisdom, mathematical breakthroughs, path breaking inventions ... all lost due to sobrierity ... damn ... Neways, last night was a bit different coz when I had one of my fits of genius ness, Trillian was on the phone with me ... and so as I blabbered my heart out, she made a diligent note to remind me of whatever I said ... This post is dedicated to her ... an awesome friend, and one of the most fun and loving persons I’ve ever met...
Now that you might be wondering what the big brainwave was all about , its about something a lot of us suck at ... reactions ... Guys and girls have different reactions to the same situation ... Against popular belief , men understand women completely .. It’s just that we don’t know what to do with that knowledge... And so each one of us comes up with our own reflex mechanism in face of that proverbial fury from a scorned woman...
Many people I know tend to use the shove it under the carpet strategy ... Trust you me , in spite of what those stupid shrinks tell you , its the most effective of all strategies ... Suppose you did something bad , your partner yells at you , throws stuff at you , calls you names ... what do you do ... you ask her what her day has been like , change the topic and pretend that the lat 15 minutes of your life never happened ... Of course its gonna be lodged in your and her subconscious for eternity , but hey .. That’s what subconscious’s are for... arnt they??
Then there’s the laugh about it strategy ... If ever you find yourself in a tight spot, start making jokes about it ... By the time you are done, the subject would be so trivialized that no one would care about it ...plus the other party would be so frustrated with your stupid jokes that they would forgive and forget just to shut you up ... Requires a lot of practice ... But once mastered, it can get you out of any shit irrespective of the depth...
The third and most stupid strategy is the fight it out strategy ... Some guys are so dumb that they actually believe that shell listen to logic and rationale in the middle of a psycho attack ... I have seen my share of psycho chic’s in life and believe me , one thing they don’t give a rats ass about is logic ... So next time you are on the phone trying to pacify your girlfriend after not calling her the whole day , don’t tell her how busy you have been ... tell he a knock knock joke ... Trust me it’ll work .. Or your money back...
And finally my favorite ... avoid all contact strategy ... Phone lines can get choked, cell batteries can die, flights cancelled, friends can require your urgent help for stuff you can t tell her about ... In short ... run ... run and don’t look back ... Eventually when the dust settles and sense prevails, you can come out of your mouse hole and face her like a man...
So in case you are the type of guy who has permanent mental and physical scars from all the abuse you get , think about the above ... and ladies , if you find yourself thinking regularly how he gets away with it every time , he might be suckering you with one of the above ...
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
ur post disappoints ford...considering who dedicated this post to...strategies #1 and 2 are strict no-nos...3 i agree with and the #4 has the most..albeit slim chance of success...
Like I said dude ... 1 and 2 require a lot of practise ... till that time , 4 is your safest bet ;-)
ok guys...so i'm a little cuckoo sometimes. but you both have mentioned nice things about me in the past, such as i dunno... fun, loving, sweet, pretty...Don't i get some credit for any of that?
And lemme give u a tip...its the delicate balance of #2 and #3 that works...
Sorry Trillian ... We have already established that 3 is a bad idea ... Never works
who u tryin' to con trillian...#3 is just suicide, plain and simple
I'm surprised...one of your most informative and accurate posts and yet very low on comments...
must be the diwali break hai na?
an you mister don'thaveaclue..you really dont...
#3 works...just try it sometime...
I so agree w. Trillian and Appu!!!!
#3 def works! dat is except if u are really pathetic at actually knowing "How" to make up 4 ur bad or hers for that matter.....
n btw Ford if u really think that after avoiding all contacts u can emerge as a Man....4get it...srry to say then ur not one!
Appu - Dude ... Now you know why I dont like to hang with married guys ;-)
Trillian - Stop bossing the poor guy around .. And I suspect no ones commenting coz I dedicated the post to you ;-)
Donthavea clue - Dont fall for it dude .... shell make you talk logic and then in the middle of it ,shell say that she is a princess and she can say and do whatever she wants...
Miss Anonymous - You are most definitely a women so your opinion doesnt even count ...
whoa...common dude there r better things to write 'bout......or maybe i'm past the age where this stuff matters....;-)......but man don't waste ur awesome talent on such stuff......
his awesome talent and his time are his to use in anyway he pleases. some of us have loved this post.
There is no word as 'sobrierity'....You guessed it right..ihavewaytoomuchtime:)
awesome one, ford..totally on the ball! And pasted an excerpt from my pretty much defunct blog to add to your insights! yeah yeah -trillian - you've read it all before!
PS: btw, was mulling over the difference b/w AW's blog and yours - i've decided he's karan johar to your Ram gopal verma!
Anonymous 1 - I am sorry dude ...
Would you like to give me a list of topics youd want me to blog about ???
Anonymous 2 - Thanks Trillian ... You seem to be the only person who liked the post ...
Appu - Dude ... you need a guys night out ... NOW...
Vin - Look harder .... Its a word ..
spew - Talk about Ambush marketing ;-) ... I have read this one ... atleast 12 times ...I think it was absolutely aweosome , but still do you have any idea how irritating it is to go to your blog and read the same stuff over and over again ... dude you gotta post something new ... As for Ram Gopal Verma , have you seen Shiva ?? Man that movie sucks ass ....
Hey - i have..and i agree with you! Anyways, have done three things today that should keep my favourite blogger happy.
1. deambushed his blog comment area. (Just realized HOW MUCH Space it was takin up!)
2. Blogged today.
3. read the blog- you shall find out for yourself!
Dude ... I didnt mean foryou to delete the comment ... Bring it back ...
nah man...its cool...you read it..adn if anyone else wants to, they bloody well haul their ass to my blog and dig it out!
rockin diwali post..times like these away from home kinda get to you in unexpected places..but heck..nothing beats seeing urmila..in the flesh so to speak!
Post a Comment