Thursday, September 14, 2006

Wish List ..

Lately I have noticed a lot of blog posts about things people love... Songs, food, movies, blogs, people ...I missed out on the "love em" band wagon ...and I cant do it now, coz it would seem too lame and copycatish ... but I cant let this one go either coz everyone is doing it ... So in my attempt to be contemporary and original, I decided to post stuff about things I hate ... God I’m smart...
This is my wish list ... I wish all these things didn’t exist

1. Bhindi - I still don’t get how people put that stuff in their mouths ... Its slimy, serrated and its got seeds which crack open and release pungent disgusting taste and smell ... I strongly believe that bhindi should only be eaten indirectly by first feeding it to livestock and then eating those tasty and nutritious animals...

2. Chennai - Spent 10 days in Chennai in June ... To this date , I get nightmares of me running in the hot Chennai sun , chased by autos full of lungi clad big mustached fat guys .... I suspect Ferrari and KS to be in one of the autos... the one driven by the Rajnikant ... With a fucked up transport system, weather which makes Africa seem like a tropical paradise and the rudest people I’ve ever met in my life, Chennai tops my list of places I wish I never have to go ... followed distantly by Guatanamo bay... My heart goes out for Ram who has been recently transferred there …Hang in there buddy …

3. Promotional SMS's - Every time I get a SMS asking me to download latest Chirenjivi songs and win 1Kg of gold, I feel like throwing stuff and smashing some ones head on a wall... I often reply asking them to shove their songs and their Kilogram of gold up their asses ... Unfortunately they are all auto generated messages so no one reads my replies...

4. Power cuts - Growing up in the third world; one gets accustomed to bad infrastructure... I can
live with bad roads and third class airports, but every time the fans stops rotating on its own, I yell more profanity in a single breath than there would be in the entire script of Omkara ... After paying ridicules amount of taxes from my hard earned money, the least those bastards at the electricity board can do is let me sleep in peace without mosquitoes sucking my blood all night long ... Which brings me to the next item on my hate list...

5. Mosquitoes - They say every living organism is Gods own creation and we must love and respect all of them ...Balls I say ... The Mosquito is not Gods own creation, Its the Satan’s ... Small lil black ugly buzz buzz in my ears ... Aaaaaarhgggghhh ... I love catching mosquitoes and then dismembering them alive ... After I pluck out their wings and legs, I just leave them it die...

6. Yappers - Ever met someone who would just talk and talk and talk about stuff you don’t give a rats ass about ... Of course you must have ... The world is full of them ... I don’t mind people talking around me .. It’s only when they expect me to listen to every word they say and sympathize with their problems and rejoice in their happiness that I have a problem.... Luckily , I am a master in the art of faking conversations ... I can listen to someone talk about how cute their dogs puppies are while thinking about what I would have for lunch at the cafeteria ... The trick is not to say Yummy when asked a question... That can get you into some trouble...

7. Commies - I loved the soviet union ... After all they were our trusted allies who came through every time we needed them ... But when it comes to the comrades back home , things are a lil different... As a proud citizen of India, I am aghast that we let these anti Indian, back stabbing, nincompoops run around unchecked...

8. Formula 1 – I swear to God , Ive tried my best to develop affinity towards this sport … Its supposedly very hip and Posh to follow Formula 1… But I never understood the hype behind each race… I was told that there a lot of strategy involved … However I could only find out 2 parameters you can base your strategy on –
a. The type of tires you use
b. Number of Pit stops you make
I don’t get what kinda complex strategy you can think of here … As far as I know , the fastest car wins… That is if you don’t bang it … I once had a rommie who claimed to be a Formula 1 fanatic … The moron didn’t even know how a supercharger worked or for that matter the difference between a two stroke or a 4 stroke engine … I asked him if he knew how many cylinders the F1 cars had , how much BHP they generated …. He just drew a flak … I think he just liked to watch the shiny red colored cars and the pretty girls standing next to them … I let him watch the races on TV, but asked him to turn the volume off coz I cant stand the irritating whizzing noise those engines make …

This list is in no way comprehensive ... I can think of a million other things I hate , but I don’t want you guys to think of me as a bitter grumpy psychopath ... Or am I too late for that already ???

17 comments:

educatedunemployed said...

Too late..:p
How can you not like Bhindi..If made properly it is quite a delicacy, and where you come from..they make art out of cooking it.

Anonymous said...

i am so gonna steal this idea and post my own hate-list. I think pretty high on that list will be autorickshhaw drivers...and if you can get me that AK-47 we talked about..maybe i'll do something about my little transportation problem.

Anonymous said...

Ford,

Please do something soon to save me ... what happened to that dubai escape plan :-) ?

Ford Prefect said...

Eu - Bhindi Sucks ... And back in betelgeuse , We dont have that gross stuff... Yuck

Trillian - Can you please not make me sound like an arms dealer... I dont want to go to prison ... You can make the downpayment on your car with the money you pay for an AK 47 ... Now that would actually solve your transportation problem ..

Ford Prefect said...

Ram - Dude Im working on it ... You would not be able to hear any concerts in Dubai ... Only exotic belly dances ...heck screw you , Im going to Dubai ..;-)

and Trillian - would you stop stealing my Ideas ...

Anonymous said...

Ford saar.. all this is fine, but did I read in the post that you already pay taxes from your 'Hard Earned Money'. Now unless there are a lot of puns in that 'Hard' earned money, I disagree.

Your comments.

Ford Prefect said...

Hungary Monster ... Wasssuuppp .. Dude where have u been ?? I see your sense of humor and respect for my efficiency havent improved much ...Koi baat Nahi ... I forgive you

Anonymous said...

Wanted in 2 states already and now you are dealing in arms here also.Doing illicit 'hard' work and calling earth man's food yuck??? You should be deported back to where you came from..Actually no wait..Sorry Ram..But Ford is coming to Chennai soon.I think he needs some 'hard' core treatment.

Ford Prefect said...

Hard core treatment indeed ... I think you could do with some hard core treatment ... I have a plan .. Go to chennai ... Raam can you arrange her accomodation in Thuraipakkam ... Karthik can show you around ... They have a lovely place called Pondy bazaar ... I think youll have a nice time there...

Anonymous said...

Oh I had different plans for your 'hard' core treatment.sigh

Ford Prefect said...

Hey .. Just because my initials are SM doesnt mean I am into that stuff ... But tell us what your plans are anyways ...

Anonymous said...

Ram: Save me???.... You opted for it dude.

Ford: Wish you get married to a girl from Ferrari's "target market segment"... that's "Babes-n-Bones" for you dude ;-)

I would prefer SK... KS has been much abused :-)

Anonymous said...

... and dude you were busy chasing some trainee & another from IIM-L

I had to pull you out of that 'wild-goose-chase' to a pub.

Sharam kar sale !!

Ford Prefect said...

Dude ... even for a friday , dont you think its a bit too early to start drinking ???
And whats "Babes and Bones"???
I thought Ferrari only liked 38-38-38 thunder thighs...
And I categorically deny being on any wild goose chase ... It was just some friendly conversations I got into with my collegues in Chennai ... Thats all ..
And if you havent already noticed , I get to name everybody on this blog .. so You shall continue being KS ... If you be a good boy , I would name you after a character from the book ..

Anonymous said...

"friendly"... hmmm... My dictionary has been updated with relevant information :-)

... and my transition from Friday to Saturday will be smooth i.e. in office... dont remind of me of spirits.

simran said...

dog puppies at the cafeteria... mathur u r so dead

Ford Prefect said...

KS - Sad dude ... Very sad ... Hope the rest of the weekend wasnt spent in the office ...

Simran - Yummmmy.....