Friday, September 08, 2006

Hap Hap Happy Days..

P is getting married this month ... am really looking forward to it ... As the self appointed best man, there’s a bunch of stuff I need to take care of ... and so far I havent been doing a good job of it ... God it sucks to be me ...Neways I have promised to figure something out and figure out I shall ...
Other than that, the last few days have been quite nice ... Both in the real and cyber world ...
Dr Grunthos conferred upon me the honor of being in her top 5 blogs (clapping) ...
Pratik Patankar in one of his comments mentioned that I am an Artist...Actually he said I ‘come close’ but I know what he meant was that I am a real artist...(More clapping followed by intense whistling)
Spew thinks I am "the man" ... (standing ovation)...
My stat count has crossed the 10K mark (thunderous applause all around) ...
And…I have crossed the 75 post mark (crowd goes wild, Female audiences crying and yelling "Ford We love you" and making some totally inappropriate remarks)...

Back in the real world, I have taken some time off to get myself sorted ... G suggested that I stop running and pause to take stock of where I am going and if that is indeed where I want to go ... I had no idea what he meant by that, but decided nonetheless to skip office and sit at home for a day ... I am not sure how much perspective I got ,but I did get to watch a lot of T.V and catch up with my chat buddies after a long time ...
This taking time off is not that bad an Idea... Very often we get so involved in our miserable lil worlds that we forget that there’s so much else out there ... I think when one makes a few mistakes, one should sit back and analyze them and jot down all the learning’s... And then go ahead and make new ones ...Unfortunately that’s not something we do often enough... Like it says in the book...

==============================================
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
~Hitchhikers Guide
=============================================
Aahhh the genius of Douglas Adams ...

Last weekend, I took my sis shopping ...I was quite aghast when she told me that she was totally unaware of our Betelgeusean origins ... I tried explaining her how we don’t belong here on this pathetic excuse of a planet and when the time comes ,the mother ship would take us back ... She asked me to sit down and tell her all about it ... I then went ahead and bought her a copy of the book ... I hope she reads it and finds the answer to life the universe and everything ... I also hopes she stops laughing and calling up my mom to say that "she was right about me all along" ... what ever that means...

Some updates on my car front ... am still engrossed in deep thought on which automobile to buy and pollute the already choking planet ... I have come up with an extremely sophisticated excel based decision model to help me figure out the finances... The model said that given my cash flows, I would need a second job if I expect to pay for the EMI's and fuel …However I have enough experience with these excel models ... So I tweaked it a lil and suddenly the model said that I can quite comfortably afford a brand new Honda city ... and still have money to buy 2 meals a day ... Stupid factually correct, practically worthless excel models ... Neways cant really complain coz the model is the biggest source of entertainment during my 3 hour commute to office everyday ...

Interesting thing happened at work ... Ran into an alum from ISB in one of the client meetings and for some strange reason , the dude reminded me of captain SS... and even more strangely about “Hap hap happy days” ..
"Hap hap happy days" was the official song for ISB class of 2006. It was written by the Vastly talented captain SS and performed on the stage by him and his troupe of around 15 boys and girls who I believe were selected based on their GMAT scores... Given that comprehension of musical notes and a melodious voice are not essential criterion to get into a B-School, the performance wasn’t all that bad ... And as a bonus, we got to see captain on the stage snapping his fingers, tapping his feet and wiggling his bottom simultaneously to devastating effects... Just thinking about that still brings a smile on my face ... as I am sure it does to the rest of 350 ISBians of my batch... Except of course captain himself who was quite disturbed when the TRP ratings for his song didn’t hit the roof and no recording company approached him with offers for his debut album ... I tried consoling him and telling him that the world is not ready for an accountant turned rock star yet ... Well the dude is minting more money than any Indian artist in the world of private equity...and I am told he is blazing the party circuit in Delhi.... Good for you captain... just don’t sing the song to Delhi chics and you’ll be fine ...
Coming back to my meeting , It was quite tough for me to control my laughter every time the alum spoke and the song played in my head ... Trillian , I am sure you would understand ...

Which brings me to the conclusion of my post ... Thank you for your time, good night and have a great weekend ...

16 comments:

educatedunemployed said...

Yet another post that totally justifies my putting you on that list.

Congratulations on your 10,000 hits, and 75 post mark.Great job at that.

Good luck with the car buying and congratulations to P.

Have I missed anything.Oh next time we talk, how about you sing the song.:p

Anonymous said...

there's a song he sings? brilliant! i gotta hear this too.
And ford i totally understand about missing Captain because i thought the exact same thing when i first met this exact same alum!!

Anonymous said...

Your description of SS performance is too hilarious :)

Dude, can someone be so hilarious and funny? Keep entertaining ....

And congrats on all the listings...:)

-Bharani.

Ford Prefect said...

EU - I used to sing that song a lot ... Its one of my favourite songs .. But it has to be accompanied by the hap hap happy days dance...

Trillian - I knew you would understand ... That and "lama lama" were the official A-9 anthems..

Bharni - If you tell SS about this , Ill kill you ;-)

educatedunemployed said...

Ok,I can brave up to watch you dance (and sing).No biggie :p

Ford Prefect said...

EU - Brave Up !!! I have a good mind charging you for the performance now..

educatedunemployed said...

That good haan?? Bring it on dude.

Anonymous said...

Well .....lol...wld like to see ya copy of xcel sheet that u came up wid.....:) if u can post it up here will be better able to assist u in it ;)

Ford Prefect said...

EU - You are on... Ill have my people call up your people to work out the financials ...

Anonymous - I am fine with the excel ... If you really wanna help , how about chipping in for the EMI's ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ford: Its time you wear the entrepreneurial hat and start you "red-paste-in-between-rubber" venture (I still remember that idea dude)

That I guess would cover more than your EMI !! :-)

Anonymous said...

Saurabh Dude ,

Good Post but may I suggest you go for a civic...You are a rich guy who presently has no money...;)..sooner or later you will be able to manage EMIs...

things will work out for the better...shayad koi rich girl fas jaaye tere civic ko dekh ke... :)

waisey bhi paying 6-7 lacs for a 70hp Honda city engine is no less than a crime....

Vinay.

Ford Prefect said...

karthik - Its a fantastic idea , but the barriers to entry in this business are very low ... I will have to get a patent on it ...

Vinay - I dont like the Civic ... Too big ..

Anonymous said...

forget business dude... "Barrier to entry" itself is low... Right?

With PhD like you... it should be a 'walk-in-the-park' !! Ha Ha

Ford Prefect said...

Karthik - Dude now you are just being obscene... But you are right about the barriers to entry ;-)...

Anonymous said...

Hey Saurabh,

I chanced upon ur blog thru' Bharani's blog about a month ago...and now I follow it whenever i need to read something junk (i mean it as a compliment) at work. this blog about SS is OUTSTANDING!! had a hearty laugh remembering those late nights at rec center when SS was composing that song...keep it up dude.

Ford Prefect said...

Hey Suneetha ... Hows it going ?? Long time no hear ...
I have been thinking real hard , but could figure out any way the word 'Junk' can be used as a compliment ... But thanks anyways ;-)