Tuesday, August 01, 2006

T minus 1 and counting..

My last post didn’t go very well ... I was called a bigot and a quitter and in the follow-up conversations a psycho, a sissy and even gay!!! ...
Like they say -
Sticks and stones can break my bones and all these assholes can go to hell... (I was told poems don’t need to rhyme)...

Today was my second last day at work (which signifies the title of this post in case you are too dumb to have noticed)...The HR guy tried explaining me the exit formalities , but all I kept asking him was when I would get paid ... so he gave up and sent me off to Finance instead ... Was quite happy with what payroll had to tell me .... The last I got paid was in March 2005 ... was too lazy to open up a salary account here , so my pay for the last 2 months has just been accumulating and I will get it all together ... Woo hooo ...

I desperately needed some good news ... Have been feeling shitty all day ...Mainly because I couldn’t get a wink of sleep last night ... They put a new guy in my room at the guest house (which BTW I have been illegally squatting at for 2 months now) ...

So this new guy seemed O.K ... But then at around 10:30 as I was busy watching a movie on my laptop, he asks me if he could turn off the lights and sleep ... at 10:30!!!! As if that wasn’t bad enough , at exactly 10:45 , he started snoring ... Now I can take a lil bit of snoring , but this guy was making noises Wilder beasts make during mating season in the Savannah ... So I took my laptop and went to the living room to finish my movie ... by 1:30 decided to call it a day and hit the sack ... The snoring butthead was still at it ... tried ignoring him by burying my head under the pillow ... But then just as I was asleep , the bastardo starts yelling something in Tamil ... I was so startled , almost fell out of my bed ... I look at him and he’s sleeping like there’s no tomorrow ... By the time I got my nerves together ,he did it again ...
I know snoring is like a medical problem and so is sleep talking, but if these freaks of nature expect any sympathy from me, they are so mistaken ... Next time the man-banshee yelled, I pulled off his blanket, shook him up and yelled... "What the fuck is your problem?" He had no idea what I was talking about... So I told him that he was driving me nuts and unless he wanted tomorrows Hyderabad times to read "Man burnt alive in bed" , he better shut the fuck up and let me sleep ... He did ... for exactly 20 mins ... and then it was business as usual .. He continued generating noise levels which would violate Sound Pollution norms in any heavy industry... Not to mention all the crap he would yell out in Tamil every now and then ... At one point of time , I considered shoving a sock down his throat ... Dr. Grunthos tells me that could have actually killed him ... Sweet revenge it would have been watching the utter waste of carbon choke on his own filthy socks ...
Neways by 3:30 , I was still awake ,and had a major headache ....Usually when that happens , I am piss drunk with my head against the speakers at some party ... That’s when I decided to watch another movie ... Watched Old school ... which is about these losers who refuse to accept that they’ve grown up and continue to live the college life .. Decided to turn it off before I started to identify with the characters and learn the all important lessons about life the universe and everything that these sorts of movies have in the end... I am happy with 42...

That’s pretty much the reason why I wasn’t in the best of moods all day today ... Unfortunately sleep deprivation is not the sum total of all my problems ... I have to go through the trauma again tonight ... Unless I decide to take the Sofa in the living room which wasn’t exactly designed to allow a 5 feet 11 inch individual to be perfectly horizontal ...Or…. I could ask the weirdo to take the Sofa ... So what if I’m an illegal occupant, I still have my rights don’t I ???

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr Gruthos finally makes the prime time debut on Ford's blog..YEAYS!!

If you weren't in your best of moods, not to mention venomous yesterday..I wonder what it is like to chat with you when you are at your best.:D (tsk tsk that is a broad grin)

Ford Prefect said...

Shipra - You bet... There was another one , but you made me take it off.. remember ...

Dr. Grunthos - Welcome to the family of characters originally created by Douglas Adams , and brought alive by me without any regard for itellectual property rights or for that matter anything to do with intellecuality in general...

Unknown said...

and you asked why i called you a haraami? :-)

Ford Prefect said...

Spew ... I still ask you that ???
Why ??

ela1ne1 said...

i think he's gonna sleep walk to your bed tonight and choke you.

Ford Prefect said...

Why is everybody sympathizing with him ??? What about me ?? I am the victim here ...
Elaine - He did try something like that ... Shipra has the details ..

Anu said...

Hahaha Ford. I really sympathize you. Coz I was in the similar situation few days back. I know the pain. I just couldn't sleep that whole day.

Ford Prefect said...

Anu - Thanks ... Finally someone who sympathizes with me ..

simran said...

trust you to know mating sound decibels in the savannah... and whose 5 feet 11 inches??!!
and get some charge on your mobile!

Ford Prefect said...

Dudette ...I meant 5' 11" tall ;-)

Anonymous said...

aww..come on ...be a chandler n take joey to the sleep clinic!

u might even get lucky with a hot blonde at the clinic!

;)

Ford Prefect said...

dawn always - Who says you dont learn anything from sitcoms ..
Neways I dont eed to anymore ... I am out of there... So for all I care , he can snore till the building collapses on him ..

Anonymous said...

You are the BESTEST FORD PREFECT
..now new post please.:D

Ford Prefect said...

Anonymous - Tathastuu

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »