Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Arrived

-------------------------------------------
He who has the most when he dies , wins ...
-------------------------------------------

I dont know who said it, but its quite likely that he had a Masters in Business Administration ... God knows I am not a leftist ... In fact if my political views were to be expressed at all, I would rather prefer the words "Hardcore right wing maniac" ...
Neways the reason I am in deep thought about my socio economic factors is
a discussion I had with my boss earlier this morning ... He asked me if I was travel ready ... Given that everything I own is in 2 medium sized bags and one laptop bag stashed away in my cupboard at the guest house, I am probably the most travel ready person ever...But seriously after 4 years of working like a dog I have nothing to show for..
Here ..I will give you an inventory list of all my belongings

1. Clothes - 2 bags Inspite of what people think, I think I am not doing so bad on this front .. Have a decent mix of Formal and informal attire.. and some stuff which can be categorised under miscelleneous ...

2. Shoes - 4 Pairs.. Would have been 3 , but I was forced to buy a new pair...Personally I dont see any reason for an individual to own more than 2 pairs ...

3. Laptop - 1... Not worth much now that its a year old , but I have stuff in it people would give an arm and a leg for ;-)

4. Palmtop - 1... I did manage to smash it against the pavement, but the MP3 player in it is still working.. hence havent thrown it .. yet ..

5. Digital Camera - 1... Havent used it in years ... Would have given it to my sis , but she wont take it coz its too outdated now !!! Its a frikkin 5 MP 6X optical zoom Yashika ... But apprently its not "Cool" enough..

6. Glenfmorangie 12 year - 0.25 ... My most prized posession ... unfortunately Scotch isnt exactly a consumer durable product ...

7. Wrist watch - 1 ... I love my watch .. Its a ESPRIT chronograph ... looks a lot more expensive than it actually is...

8. Shaving Kit - 1... I think I need to get a new razor though .. I bought it in england .. which was almost 2 years ago ... No wonder every time I shave , people think Ive been in a fist fight ...

9. Seriously Big ass loan - 1... Now you Non MBA types must be confused as to why I am putting down my loan as an asset ... But trust me ...a loan is actually an asset .. ask any accountant

10. Mobile Cellular phone - 1 .. Like I mentioned before .. Its an antique 7110... It doesnt even have a camera ... I know... I am a caveman..

That ladies and gentlemen is all I have collected in the last 26 years of my existance ...
Now compare this with my my peers -

G - Owns a seriously wicked place with 12 tonnes of centrally installed airconditioning, wears Armani and Hugo Boss , talks on a Nokia Communicator, is thinking of buying a second car , and has 24 litres of scotch ... frikking 24 litres ... Thats like two and a half buckets of liquid gold ...

Trillian - The chic has managed to fully furnish her apptt ... TV , Fridge , Washing machine, wardrobes ..everything ...Sometimes I wonder if she is collecting stuff for her dowry... And guess what.. she has Two mobile phones ...Talk about being well connected ...

P - Drives around in a Nissan Sporscar, doesnt like repeating a shirt in the same month and has enough bank balance to buy himself an island ...

Dont get me wrong , I am extremly happy for all these filthy rich bastards and congratulate them on their success in life ... After all they have arrived in life ... Me .. I am content with being also ran...
But still makes me wonder ... Where did it go wrong ???

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can't exactly count me in the same league as those other filthy rich bastards. All my things are courtesy daddy so far.And I thought you said one hasn't arrived unless one is living waaaaay south of where I am currently.
And mister..you haven't gone wrong. You may not have money but you have gooood friends :)

Anonymous said...

work like a dog? knowing you, i think thats an interesting phrase mate. which dogs are you talking about exactly?

educatedunemployed said...

Uh..err? What has gone wrong?Didn't quite get that?
Having doubts are we?Haven't we all seen these days.
Time for my poetry methinks.:D

Ford Prefect said...

Trillian - I know I have really good fantastic out of the world bestest friends ever ... But Id rather have the money ...

Anonymous - Those would be the kinda dogs who do a decent amount of work and believe in maintaining work life balance ...

Grunthos - I think its a good idea .. Public love tragedies ... may be we could make a musical out of it ...

ankur said...

trust sb to come up with a "you dont hv lungs...but dude...u got loads of shit oxygen arnd u...!!!"

dude...dont worry...given you and your attitude...you shall strike gold. its jst a little deeper than u thought...but then there nevertheless...

get rid of those misc clothing items...(and no...the tee with the underarm hole is not clothing...anymore)...and u shall be fine...

ela1ne1 said...

i can't believe this silly ankur is actually consoling saurabh..ankur.. i bet saurabh has lotsa money hidden in a pot under his cot and it would be just like him to get a perverse pleasure in whining about how rich everyone has become when he's got a secret stash. and just in case you're not saurabh, i love you and i don't have money either but i'll still send u a coupla dirhams every month ok?
and shipra, did the oxygen and lungs make any sense wit relation to money and friends? he talks such nonsense that silly ankur.
and saurabh my dear, i'm sorry to use your blog space as a public forum for voicing my thoughts, but i've become a bit opinionated nowadays.i never realised how much fin it was just to talk and talk and talk.

Ford Prefect said...

Elaine- Start wearing that white cloth with a ring .. the desert heat is getting to you ;-)...

Ankur - dude if its any deeper , Id rather leave it for someone else to find ... and I think the lungs and oxygen thing makes perfect sense ... the dessert fairy just didnt get it ..
Ill get rid of the tee with the hole .. didnt realize anyone saw it ... leave alove a guy ;-)

Ford Prefect said...

Chipra (I like that ... its a cross between Chipmunk and Shipra) - You and that desert fairy need to eat those tablets they make from sea weeds ...
Neways... congratulations on rediscovering your blogspot blog ... and Elaine whats with all the 1's ??

Anonymous said...

Hey Ford..
are these G and P frez of your married yet..;)

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Amateur model portfolio glamour Botox breast reduction breast reduction cosmetic surgery mature nude pregnant Salle impotence http://www.tits-huge-ones.info/Hunterridergrannyfuckedmomsmaturemilfs.html Free adult women mature Free paris hilton blow job video Foods vitamin home grown mature woman