Every now and then , we do stuff that only makes us wonder later " What the heck was I thinking" ...
Dunno about you , but travelling through the Thar desert in the middle of one of the worst heatwaves that Northern India has seen definitely qualifies as a "What the heck was I thinking"
So here I was in Nagpur .. sitting at home and letting my mom stuff me with enough food to last me through the next ice age ...
And then I decided to take the next flight to Delhi ...I know .. What The heck was I thinking ..
Landed in Delhi ... weighing a couple of Kilos less ... Reason .. The flight was being piloted by a Female pilot and a female copilot.. Call me a MCP , but I have had enough experiences with female drivers to worry about my life at 3 miles above the ground.... at the mercy of 2 individuals who might for all I know be using the shiny levers to put on lipstick ... Thanks to Boeing for building planes sturdy enough to take on 15 airpockets and a landing which reminded me of the movie Air Force One...
Delhi is still the way it was 5 years ago when I went there last .... Hopeless ....Denizens of our national capital still personify Arrogance,Vanity and Disrespect for anything and anyone ... Luckily for me , I was with friends... Thanks to AJ for ferrying me all the way from Gurgaon to Delhi .. and to Marvin for showing me around ..I really wanted to visit Rashtrapati Bhavan and parliament house.... Shockingly none of the delhi guys had ever been to these places or any of the other wonderful places they would gladly pay a lot of money to go to had they been abroad..... Next time I go to Delhi , I shall do the whole site seeing thing...
So I didnt see much , had to sleep through Power cuts every single night , Travelled in the blistering heat, couldnt ride the metro (another thing I was really looking forward to) ... Unfortunately that not the sum total of all the pain I had to endure in that stupid city ...
Having had enough, I decided to pack my bags and head off to more familiar territory... Jaipur .. Now theres a city I love .. have spent 4 years during my B.E there ... Nice clean city , wide roads , decent people .. the only thing worse than Delhi was the weather .. it was frikking 44 degrees !!!and a severe water crisis... One of my cousins came up with an innovative idea to make a coolant based desert cooler .. I tried explaining him the concept of evaporation induced cooling in the desert cooler , but he wasnt really interested .. Last I saw , he was still surfing the net to check if there was an existing patent on coolant based room coolers ...
One of the highlites of this trip was meeting all the nephews and neices that have recently joined my already huge family ...really smart kids ....
Another highlight was almost getting married ... I know .. Its bizzare , but there was a time when I was being asked to "take a look" and tell "What I think" ...
... Ofcourse I made sure there was no "looking" or "thinking" .. but it was quite scary in there for a while ...
Neways ... From Jaipur , I was off to Ajmer and then to Jodhpur .. more nephews and neices .. more heat ... more sand storms ... Travelling for hours in ricketey buses ... Met an intresting Sardarji who was part time volleyball coach and part time national security expert ....Good discussion we had on the growing threat of Naxalism and the part volleyball can play in countering it ....
All in all quite an eventful trip ....am back home .. away from the threat of catching a heat stroke or getting married ... A lil sad ... missing some ppl ... but looking forward to the rest of my vacation .. might head to Mumbai next...
Thursday, May 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
yes come to bombay!!! you must come here and visit my new home (as soon as i have one)!!!
Ignoring comment on female drivers and pilots
Toldja..You should enjoy the city on your own.There is a lot to appreciate.
Chipmunk - Looking forward to it ... Start stocking ur bar and fridge ... ;-)
Educatedunemployed - I Know ... Will go there alone the next time .. and definitely not in this weather ..
well same holds for female bosses 2 ;)..
Nehws sorry tht u could'nt ride the metro..
u shud have spnt time at the malls tho...nehws rajasthan at this friggin time is no joke either ...
cheerz
saurbah bhai,
Ahhishek here. jara email id denaa please.
important info jaanana hai aapse
Kapil .. It was no joke yaar ... Now I know what being a Tandori chicken feels like ...
Abhi - Saurabh.b.mathur@gmail.com
Hmm was wondering,did you ever manage to watch V-Monologues? I remember some interest over it.Well if its still playing in Mumbai might be a good time to catch it?
Anon : Dunno ... A friend of mine saw it and from the discussion we had , it wasnt really appealing .. But I guess I shouldnt judge inless I see it ... Thanks for the suggestion .. Ill look it up ..
v- monologue ,dialogue or analog..whtevr ;)
update mofo!
Hello,knock knock..anyone home?
Post a Comment