Have been dreading this day for long .... After hours and hours of fighting with HR , I had to finally give up and agree to coming to chennai ... Have never been to chennai and if I had my way , thats the way it would have remained forever ... A lot of ppl say that its not that bad a city ... may be it is may be it isnt , and I was quite willing to take that question to my grave .... Well now I know ... This place sucks Ass .... and Guess what I havent even stepped out of the bloody airport ...
For starters my good for nuthing cheapo airline delayed the flight by 7 hrs ... 7 god damn hours !!!! When I finally went to check in, the chic at the counter tried giving me some attitude about my baggage being overweight by 5 KGs and asked for 500 bucks ... I told her to fuck off and threatened to hold the entire line behind me while I transfer stuff to my hand baggage .... She let me through ... Smart chic ... Was the last person to board the flight .. something I have gotten really good at now ;-) ... and guess what I get the window seat at the emergency exit and no one besides me ... I wonder what kinda stupid ass ppl were on that plane...Quite happy I was ... even ran into this dude from my batch at ISB ...Thought it must be my lucky day... Wrong ... The bastards lost my baggage ...so as of now , its 1 in the morning , my baggage is on the next flght which will come at 2 ... then its a 40 min ride to my guest house which I have to search for and get the attendent to open .... gonna be an interesting first day at work .....
In the mean time I am sitting at lounge , having my blood sucked by some seriously huge mosquitos and giving Air Deccan officials hell in return ... Cant remember the last time I yelled at someone so badly ... so thats pretty much it .... havent still gone out into the city yet, but something tells me I aint gonna like whats out there .... Good thing is I get out of this place in a week .... And then I am never ever ever comeing back .... Amen ..
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Oh no,doesn't sound so good.I had got the impression you would be going to Pune??It is just a week..I'm sure it cant get that bad.Enjoy what there is to it.After all you do officially join work, don't you.I doubt being unemployed is really fun.
Would wait to see your comments after you meet the auto waalas outside .... best of luck.
it only got worse for poor Ford once he left the airport. His story is heartbreaking...but i'll let him fill you guys in.
Ford...for your sake...come to bombay!!!!
DOOOOOOD,
This was the day I was looking forward to :)...anyways, enjoy your stay in HOT and STICKY chennai. Make sure speak a few tamil words to the autowallas, else you WILL be dogmeat.....make sure you check out all the hot southie babes too.....shit!!! I wish i was in chennai now!!!
hmm ! il pray 4 u
educated unemployed - I was unemployed for the last year and a half and I had the time of my life ... If this is what it takes to be in a job ,I will be hanging froma fab soon ..
Ram - Dude I have comments for the autowallas.. lots of them .. but I dont want net nanny to block my site ..
Chipmunk - I wanna forget it .. so no entries .. Dont want to turn my blog into a cribfest like yours ;-)
Ferrari - u sadistic bastard .. I am sure you are grinning ear to ear ..
Kapil - Thanks man .. I need all the prayers I can get ..
ooooooooooooo ford !!
Radical Chick - With a temper like that , no wonder I forgot you.. and hope to forever... So you know where you can go...
Ford, Don't fall for any girl out there man cos you may not be able to keep your promise of not going back to Chennai..
We( Read well wishers) don't want a Kahani main twist .. But On second thughts I wish there is a Kahani main twist.. hehheheh
Cheers,
Vinay.
hey
just relax and it will be over soon... think of your house hunting in hyd... taj krishna bbq. and ahala... and all the places you didnt get to see... use this as time to reflect... and imagine all the citi guys whose HQ's Chennai... so it does get worse... and never forget to thank God for what and whom you have...
Vinay - Ill try
Anon - Ive been to Taj Krishna and Ahala ... and its a bit too early to worry about house hunting in Hyd ... As for the Citi guys .. I met them over the weekend ... They seem to be quite happy ... atleast one of them is ..
Post a Comment