Monday, March 27, 2006

Three nights.. Three parties ….

Hardly any blood left in my alcohol system … But then it’s the end of the year… I can go a lil overboard cant I ..

Friday we had a cruise dinner courtesy Admissions Committee … It was a gesture by the adcom to express gratitude for the invaluable contribution made by yours truly in selecting the batch of 2007… I know humility is not a virtue I can boast of (there’s an oxymoron for you) , however I cant help but be amazed by the awesome lineup of talent we have scheduled to come to this place on 15th April… ISB officially has one of the highest GMAT average in the world !!! Anyways back to the cruise dinner … Was my first cruise and it wasn’t exactly what I had in mind … When I thought of cruises , I thought of casinos , champagne, dinners in tuxedos , calmness of the ocean and me standing on the bow yelling “Im the king of the world” (I know its not very original , but I am still gonna do it ) … But what I saw was people stoned out of their wits dancing to Rang Barase on the deck !!! AJ was at his absolute best and gave a fine performance of his now famous peacock dance … In case the image of a fully grown man pretending to be a peacock and spreading his plume to attract its mate is too disturbing for you , lemme know and Ill send you a few snaps …should help you loose a couple of kilos…

Saturday was GSB party … My reputation at the GSB parties is not something I am particularly proud of … I blame the cheap\free alcohol for my behavior… Like most GSB parties , the day after was quite painful … as usual a call from SB explaining how I am a loser, a drunk , a hooligan …basically a complete waste of carbon… So it was imperative that I behaved myself at the party at her place the next night… I must compliment the hostesses… Not only was the party very well organized , they were all looking absolutely out of this world … and when I say out of this world, I don’t mean those creepy aliens they show in Independence Day or ET .. I mean .. You know what I mean ..
True to my word , I behaved myself … more or less … I did whistle like a tapori and said a couple of things not befitting a gentleman , but I couldn’t help it … The chipmunks were just too hot for me to control myself… SB , E .. My apologies … But I still standby whatever I said …
Have a lot lined up after graduation … P is coming to India and this time he’s a man with a mission … am really looking forward to it … and then Ill be off to Mumbai and help G shift into his new place… Typical of G , his flat is turning into one of those homes they show on T.V just to make us lesser mortals feel like crap… there are like 7 different types of flooring, a state of the art music system , a big ass plasma screen and get a load of this – bathrooms with a sea view … of course this meant doing away with doors , but he doesn’t seem to be bothered by it … Me .. I am a lil orthodox when it comes to showering in public .. except of course hot women in white saris showering under waterfalls … That I totally approve of …

And after that , Im off to the grind of office life for the next 40 years .. or the sweet release of death whichever comes first …

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

with the kind of ungentlemanly comments you've been passing and your drunken behaviour at most parties, the sweet release of death just might come first :)

Kapil said...

ford prefect in adcom ??
wow ,,thn gimme the dope on how 2 get thru whn i apply nxt yr

Ford Prefect said...

SB : As long as the subjects of my ungentlemanly comments are involved, I dont mind ;-)

Kapil : Sure dude .. any time u need dope .. contact me ;-)

Kapil said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kapil said...

well cnsidering ur style ,im sure the crwd ;) in this yrz batch wud b real sumthin..n i need real inputs for my appl..so tell me whnz a gud time 2 hunt yz...btw whch cmp u joinin ?? seagrams/kingfisher or customs deptt.??

Anonymous said...

ford.... mmuah...mmuah...mmuah.... i love u...

Ford Prefect said...

I love you too ....

Anonymous said...

ford... are you coming for the party tonight honey... I could do with some dancing... heard you are off to Goa... wonder why you can't spend disorientation week here... your year long admirer who will reveal her identity during orientation week...

Anonymous said...

secret admirer... ahem... i thought that was me... don't believe her Ford Perfect...

Kapil said...

ford ..u have a problem of plenty...done with academic grind,career puckered up ,secret admirers bout 2 unveil and unleash themselves...boy///some guyz have all the luck...one last cheerz b4 they conk u out of the WiFi

Anonymous said...

Hiya there,just came ard to wish you good luck and congratulations on your graduation

Ford Prefect said...

Thanks Anon .....