Monday, March 06, 2006

Do's and Do Not's

Was going through some blogs of Isb students from class of 2007… good fun it was…specially given that I had interviewed a couple of them… On some level I actually envy these guys … They are gonna have so much fun the next year … While Ill be slogging my ass off trying to earn a living … Guys , make the most of this year …and here are a few tips I have from my own personal experiences…

Try not to come across as a psycho in your first meeting with your study group… Believe it or not, its very easy to scare people …. In my first meeting with my study group, I said or did something which convinced the rest of the group that I was gonna be a big pain … It was really difficult for me to make them see the nice benevolent mild decent suave sober Ford Prefect … Actually captain SS is still convinced that I am a threat to the Schools name and reputation …If you are like me and manage to say the most inappropriate things at the most inappropriate places, try to shut up .. Ull get plenty of chances to speak to your groupies during the terms…

Give people benefit of the doubt… The first time I met my quadie , he said “MerA fiancé aa RAHA hai … I hope its ok with you” …. I just nodded and ran straight into my room and locked myself shut for 4 hours…. I met his fiancé many days later and found that she was the sweetest girl … Only then did I stop entering and emerging from the bathroom fully dressed with even my shoes on …Turns out my quadie wasn’t gay .., he was just bengali …

Free Booze is bad … There will be some parties with free booze … They used to get me excited like a child at Christmas ….Some of the worst days I’ve ever had here are the days after these parties …at any cost stay away from the Funnel … in case you don’t know what a funnel is … just stay away from the guy carrying a plastic cone in the parties …


In fact following is a list of all the DO NOTS I wish someone had told me before coming to this place –

-Throwing drinks at your study group mates … I know it sounds so much fun , but it isn’t very well received…
-Turning up at the group meetings drunk…
-Burning your quadies hand with a cigarette.
-Trying to coordinate happy hours at your favourite pub with flight timings which under extreme circumstances may result in missing the flight thereby making your fellow travelers quite hysterical.
-Commenting on someones choice of fruit which they steal from the dining hall ..
-Committing to three group meetings at the same time…
-Teaching girls how to punch …. They WILL hit you when u do any of the above mentioned things …

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROTFL..I hope you don't stop blogging after ISB..
Cheers.

itheabsolute said...

brilliant...as usual.

cheers

Anonymous said...

We forgot some other Do Nots... Do not enter girls quads wearing red shirts and .... when the curtains are open...

Kapil said...

dude ...mite strt goin tru my blog 2..i WILL b thr for class of 08 :)..till thn manz gonna earn his bread

Anonymous said...

hahahhaha...A Good way to start my week.

Cheers,
Vinay.

Ford Prefect said...

itheabsolute - thanks

Anonymous - Do not peek into peoples rooms lest you be labelled the village creep.

amit - Yes I am sure.

kapil - I really hope you join the 08 batch ... its a really fun place to be ...ask me for further advice if you want any to make your stay here less painful..

Kapil said...

sure dude...i presume u were a part of the Adcom...so it would help if u have a dekkho at my resume n gimme a a lowdown on what needs to b done to make it ahem 'a killer app'

Raghini said...

You just had me laughing out loud!!!

Anonymous said...

perfect prefect...
why do you keep shrikhand in your fridge?
well wisher of gay/bengali

Kapil said...

check out the new look of my blog

Ford Prefect said...

Marvin, I thought I explained how a fridge works to you ... See Inside cool ... keep food stuff there ... ud think a big Mckinsey consultant would know that...

creativeideablogger said...

man this is the most fun ive had reading a blog post...in the last 3 hours ;)
keep rocking