------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My doctor says that I have a malfunctioning public duty gland and a serious deficiency in moral fiber, and I am thus excused from saving any Universes." --Ford Prefect
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The other day G gave me the whole lecture on how its very important to look like a good human being in your interviews. Now this is a serious cause of concern for me given some people struggle with the idea of accepting me as a Human Being leave alone a Good one…
This campus is crawling with people of extraordinary benevolence and character … In fact some of them have even been recognized for their contribution to the betterment of
mankind. Young leaders and Torch bearers they are called … Each with his own story of struggle against odds to achieve the unachievable, do the undoable and succeed in the … ehhh.. Unsucceedable (I know it not a word … Sue me)
Well I might not have a natural disposition to become the next Mother Teresa , but that does not imply that I don’t want to help … Plus I could really use a couple of good wishes right now …
So this is my good deed of the year … I am gonna tell you guys how to land the job of your dreams … Yes sir I am … 4 simple steps to get yourself a job that pays you more money than you can spend…
1. Prepare a kick ass resume - This is the first and probably one of the most steps
Companies shortlist you on the basis of the quality of your resume.
If you cracked your acads or won the red and white bravery award, you are all set If not , do not loose hope …There are ways to “Spice up “ your resume … Remember that potato sack race you participated in third grade.
That becomes –
“Actively involved in track and fields events at the school level. Pioneered the alternate usage of agricultural packaging waste.”
Do not forget the list of action words sent by CAS … By the time you are through it, your resume would look like someone else’s (and that’s the whole point ... innit??)
2. Brush up on your courses- Easier said than done.... If you’ve been working hard all year , all you need is a cursory glance...
It helps if you have friends who love making one page summaries on everything .However if you don’t have such friends and you’ve been catching up on your sleep in classes all year, this is the time to take those fat books out and read up on all that stuff you used to wonder about in exams.…
3. Get a nice suit- If you were planning to wear your blazer from school and thought your sneakers are dirty enough to pass as black formals … Bad news… This is not the time to be cheap … Members of the fairer sex can obviously think through a lot of alternate strategies when it comes to attractive dressing … However for guys , the choices are quite limited
Some folks here are getting extra tight trousers stitched …I shudder to think of the rationale behind it … but like I said … if that’s what it takes … that’s what it takes…
4. Relax
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Innit?British influence is it? Totally loved your post and your take on potato races turning events.Good luck to you..Looks like its going to be a tough few weeks at ISB.
Thanks for your wishes anonymous...
good deed indeed!
you atleast make a few smile..:)
Good Luck!
-u
I like the kick-ass usage, very appropriate. Point 1, 4 and 3 are really important - in the same order.... Whenever you think about malfunctioning public duty gland, think of Chenghis Khan - the dude really had a public duty gland; he left a kid in every village.
G
Hi ;)
wow... what demented comments!
what do you suppose about it?
Post a Comment