Thursday, January 19, 2006

Mercury Rising ...

Getting Sick sucks … Takes the fun away from laying down and not doing anything… For the past three days, I’ve been down with fever … Its nothing serious and Ill probably live… thanks to Marvin who I never figured for a pharmacist… Shes got some seriously funky stuff in that medico box of hers …Although I am not sure if all the stuff she’s been making me take is legal outside Amsterdam , trust you me, one of them pills and you can safely cancel all appointments for the next 15 hours… Good stuff …am planning to crush a couple and smoke em... would let you know how it goes …
Not to be outdone , my quadie K.S came up with a whole new treatment of his own … after studying my symptoms for all of 15 seconds , he suggested that I take a seriously wicked named medicine … which he further instructed should be taken continuously for 3 days 4 times a day… “Miss a dose and bad things will happen to you”… he cautioned … Not to mention, I declined his gracious offer…
To make matters worse , my mom called … like all moms , she gets quite hysterical at the thought of her ladla falling sick and she not being there to take care of him … So like always , I tried not to let her know about it … and like always , failed miserably … one cough was all it took to raise her antennas… Spent the next 20 minutes jotting down all the stuff I should eat , drink , sniff , chew gargle etc etc … Rest assured Ill be spending a lot of time on the phone updating her on my health and trying to convince her that’s its not necessary for her to fly down to Hyderabad to take care of her first born …

But its not all bad either … Being sick qualifies you for certain luxuries too ..
House keeping brings you lunch and dinner at your quad …, Your group mates take care of all assignments (S.B … I hope you read this and let me off that one page write up due on Monday)…
In fact if you break your leg , the school gives you a kick ass motorized wheel chair … Ferrari had it for a month … Bastard never let me drive it … In case you are wondering why he had it , the clue lies in his nic ;-) …

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The chair isall yours dude...one small condition is that u need to break your leg :)

Anonymous said...

take care bhai. DOn't worry there is a doctor in all Infy campuses where you are surely gonna end up :-)))

Anonymous said...

Get well soon !

G

Anonymous said...

Ford Prefect beta,, aap theek ho gaye kya ?