Saturday, December 31, 2005

Year of the Dog...

Was thinking about all the previous New year celebrations … Although I don’t recall a lot of the details and in almost every case cant figure out how I reached home… But still I did have a good time …more or less …
Last years new years was in Pune … We planned a small get together at my place … just a few close friends ... but then the close friends brought along a few of their close friends and cousins and their cousins close friends … By morning, I was surrounded by drunk strangers asking me who the sucker was whose apartment they were wrecking …
The sad part is (notice all my posts have at least one sad part) that people who go to their friends friends apartment for new year celebrations are usually people who couldn’t get into any of the new year bashes primarily because stag entries are not allowed…
So that’s what new years 2005 was …. They say what you do on new years eve is what you do the whole year … Couldn’t agree more …

The year before , I had decided to do something exotic … Was in the good old queens country and as expected , it was cold and raining… but that never stopped the brits from having a good time … So off I went to the largest new years bash in all of England.. Leicester Square …. It was a 2 hour tube ride from my place (By tube I mean the subway in case u were having other thoughts) …There were like a 100,000 drunk rowdies all staring at the Big ben to strike 12… The big ben didn’t let us down and at exactly 12 , a fireworks display started which lasted for exactly 3 minutes … Turns out the London City council was short on funds and cost cutting measures made their way into new year celebrations as well… what a big letdown … Had to stand in the queue for over an hour to get back into a train…. Lil wonder I spent all of 2004 running around pointlessly all over the place…

I really really need 2006 to work out for me … Ill be in a new job (hopefully) , have lots of responsibility (presumably), need to repay my loan so would need to save some money (desperately). All in all its gonna be an interesting year … Looking forward to it ..
Wish all of you have a great time tonite and have a smashing year ….
And G …happy b’day dude … The phone lines are gonna be chocked all night so wishing you in advance …
May the new year bring you purest malts and smoothest blends
May the wine in your cellar age like Brooke Shields
May your beer be forever chilled
and when u wish to raise a toast , you always be with friends..

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ford!

Thank you very much.
You have a great year - study and party hard.

G

itheabsolute said...

as usual, great post. dont know what you were doing at infosys (dint know writing codes could improve your english writing skills). you should be a travel correspondent or a writer who should be spending time on a sparsely populated island (even better for you, something like a blue lagoon with Brooke shields) writing good work for publishers.

good luck for you. take care of your body so that it takes care of you for a long time to come.

cheers

Anonymous said...

VM's idea is perfect for you...except i would recommend...not so sparsely populated islands and preferably, places with distilleries you could swim in :)

Ford Prefect said...

VM ... dude ... I can so imagine myself on a sparsely populated island ... One day my friend... one day ....
Ships ,I dont mind as long as I get to choose the sparse population ;-)..
Amit ,the concept of hot hands is not statistically proven .... Law of averages is a powerful force..

Anonymous said...

Hey..hope you have an awesome year too.I have been reading your posts for some time now.Why the fcuk do you care what others think about you..you are funny, intelligent, and well could be a serial killer too..But who cares..And London was awesome this year..Sorry you missed some mind blowing fireworks display.
-M.

Ford Prefect said...

M.... Serial Killer !!!! Dude whatever gave u that idea ?? See ..this is what Ive been trying to fix ...
Happy new year to you too...

Anonymous said...

LOL..and you really didn't get what I was trying to say???!!!!
-M

Anonymous said...

MESSAGE

Anonymous said...

MESSAGE

Anonymous said...

olympus digital camera model


olympus digital camera accessory



kodak digital camera


panasonic digital camera