Tuesdays this term were awesome … only 1 class in the morning and I was free the whole day …. Usually I optimize my time by hanging in front of the cafeteria till lunch and then catching up on my sleep all afternoon … But Peer pressure has finally gotten to me … Trust me the sight of an entire army of dedicated ‘MBA types’ buried deep in books titled Exotic Futures can be quite perturbing. BTW this book has nothing to do with how you can make your future exotic ... Its just some boring crap on how you can confuse a Marwari Seth with fin jargon and sell him something which even you don’t fully understand… It did however have chapters titled Strip, Strap and Straddle ;-) … but nothing you could actually use … what a waste of time... How can you title a book Exotic Futures without pictures of Lebanese Belly Dancers in it …
Neways like I said , peer pressure’s finally gotten to me … So after class, I decided to go to the library and pick up one of them funny looking pink papers. Always been shit scared of them …Cant understand a thing in there. After spending a few minutes finding myself a sweet spot , creating a playlist of all the songs that would keep me from dozing off and placing my big cup of coffee in an easily accessible location , I got started…
“Bloodbath in the Stock Market” --- Damn ... Gotta check how my portfolio is doing … Fukin hell… I am ruined …I knew these Pink Papers was bad luck …
And as if a miracle, my eyes fell upon the horoscope section… It went –
“Ganesha says Don’t overwork or you can get under great stress.”
I am not a superstitious person, but this was a sign … And who am I to cross Ganesha…
PS: Ganesha’s advice did payoff . The markets recovered and I have called off all plans to sell my quads furniture, fridge and AC.
On an unrelated note, in case you are one of them Arty Farty types, do visit this blog-
http://thepost-scotchstories.blogspot.com/
And if you think this is weird, trust me it’ll get a whole lot weirder. But I do give him one thing – The Dudes Classy …
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bhai - kya ho gaya hai tereko ??
Humne tujhe b-school kya iske liye bheja tha ki tu normal mba types bane ? ..apna original plan to yeh tha ki sab ko tere jaise
banaaye ;)
waisey New year ke liye kya peelan (plan) hai ?
Vinayak.
Post a Comment