Focus groups …Till last week my idea of a focus group was a bunch of free loaders who a marketing manager brings together to eat free stuff and give their useless advice which no one listens to anyways…
And that’s exactly what I continue to think about focus groups … only I am not a marketing manager, and the stuff they eat is not free... its paid for …by me !!!
Focus Groups are the latest ‘in’ thing at ISB … The modus –operand is quite simple.
2-4 guys with similar career aspirations get together and prepare for placements. But it aint that simple…Most of us are not as “focused” as wed like to think we are. So you end up with multiple focus groups … one for finance , one for marketing , one for consulting etc … I somehow feel the very interpretation of the word focus gets violated in this act … but whatever …
As you can imagine, it wasn’t very easy for yours truly to get in a decent group… and I didn’t …;-)
Just found me a couple of goofers who can be spotted loitering around SV1 café late nights looking for arbitrage opportunities to appropriate free tea/snacks from unsuspecting victims like me… Neways I figured itd be better than having no group at all …biggg mistake… we had a kickoff meeting tonite … cost me a bloody fortune ...
Jokes apart , I had a great time discussing cases … its amazing how people with different backgrounds bring in such different perspectives to the same problem… Looking forward to working with Ferrari and The Hungary Monster … I am sure there a world of stuff I could learn from them … and if I get a job in the process, it’ll be a bonus Id most welcome.
Sunday, December 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dude,
I think its a solid deal...the freerider joins up with the freeloaders :)...if you keep this up ill make sure your case interviews get more miserable
Amit dude .. ur loosing the plot .. suggest you take a couple of days off ...
Post a Comment