After procrastinating for almost a year , I have finally decided to work on my resume …
I used to like my resume coz it always managed to bring a smile on the face of the reader… But given that my future livelihood depends on it, I don’t find it funny anymore….
After a lil bit of background research,I came to understand the intricacies of role based and skill based formats … I also got hold of a few samples which have helped their proud owners achieve things I wouldn’t mind giving a shot myself … Ferrari was kind enough to let me have a look at his … The dudes worked on research projects for NASA !!!
Now unless NASA accepts my idea of using the Hubble telescope for producing the reality version of Desperate Housewives, I doubt my resume would have something like that…
Neways its time to finally get my hands dirty and actually create a one page write up on my life’s highpoints …
Some things I have identified which definitely need to go …
My academic record in undergraduates seemed like a miracle come true to my friends who never expected me to actually graduate. However I strongly believe a recruiter can easily take it out of context and take me for a slacker par-excellence.
My stint as the head boy of my school may have made my mom very proud, but I doubt if an investment banking or consulting firm would share her enthusiasm on this issue.
I have been told that watching television for hours is not a good hobby to have on your resume. Neither is appreciating whisky a good way to spend your free time …
Bless the fathers of this school who in their infinite wisdom decided to incorporate the Non Grade Disclosure policy in our constitution. That’s one thing which could have definitely given my potential employers shocking expressions that Ramsey brothers can only aspire for..
So that’s where my resume stands as of now … its got my name , my address, my schools name … my schools address .. and my employers name ….
Phew .. that’s a lot of hard work for one day … I think its really coming together … As soon as I figure out what I have been doing for the last 26 years ,I’ll be all set with my advertisement to sell my soul to the highest bidder…
Saturday, December 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Even after getting the opportunity to become "the chosen one" at school, you couldn't fish. You are lucky that I wont be coming for recruitment. Its a serious issue and you must work to correct it sooner than later...
And, what a liar you are! You must publicly acknowledge the fact that you are not even writing your RESUME - which is one thing that comes naturally to the inhabitants of Betelgeuse.
You kidding us mate when you mention about whisky or TV. I always thought that your (free) time goes in resolving issues for Marvin !
For those, who haven't had the chance to know about Marvin, following is an excerpt from conversation between Ford and Marvin:
---
"I got very bored and depressed, so I went and plugged myself into [the ship]'s external computer feed. I talked to the computer at great length, and explained my view of the universe to it, " said Marvin.
"And what happened?" pressed Ford.
"It committed suicide," said Marvin.
---
Ford - apologies for hijacking your blog!
G
No problems mate .... As long as this blog takes the brunt of your sarcastic onslaught ,I have no issues... BTW I allways thought u were Marvin...
Sarcasm and me? I am appreciative of your resolves and actions. Its just the difference between Betelgeuse and Earth that reflects in our style of interpreting things. You call it sarcasm, I call it diversity!
You don't need a resume if you wish to join back ;)
Vinayak.
dude,
looks like u have finally gone public.you are now listed on the Bharani exchange!!!
Post a Comment