'Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.'
~ Mostly Harmless
Ignorance is Bliss… The more you know about stuff, more are the chances you’ll find yourself in deeper shit. For some strange reason, people keep offloading all sorts of information that I have absolutely no intention of receiving. I have come up with a highly sophisticated technical term for it... TMI (Too Much Information... O.K may be its not all that sophisticated, but conveys the message doesn’t it...).
Take yesterday.
My quadie barged into my room and described at length why he’s wearing a pajama to a party and not jeans. There was reference to a stock out in his inventory of undergarments leading to his decision of wearing something which would not hurt as much in case of “uncontrollable circumstances”. Why ?? For the love of God why me ??
Ran into miss SB late night. She was her usual chirpy self and unnecessarily felt the need to rub in some of it to a very sulking yours truly. Sensing my state of affairs, she then decided to share some very disturbing insights on aspects of my life which happen to be her latest area of interest. At 1:30Am when I am struggling to keep my chain of thoughts restricted to finding ways of avoiding a massacre in the exam next morning , this could only be TMI. I appreciate your concern SB, but if you want to help, how about that paper I commissioned last month. Trust me that’s some thing I could really use.
G called last night as usual … was wasted as usual… Unusually though, this time around it was panipurs he was high on … only he substituted Pani in the Puris with Vodka!!!!
Given his average consumption of alcohol last week , a back of the envelope calculation tells me that the dude is dangerously close to being classified under the category “highly inflammable“…This coupled with his already “mentally unstable” tag would make it impossible for him to find a place in any sort of public transportation system.
The topic of his lecture this time was something about the standard deviation of inconsistencies in an average Indian’s decision making process!!!. Profound as it may be, it fits very well with my interpretation of TMI.
Am planning to go to a professional hypnotist to wipe out every trace of these ordeals from my conscious, subconscious, and metaconscious.
Till that time, if you see an exasperated look on my face, please don’t take it personally.
Saturday, November 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Agreed my friend ... but I never push TMI down the throats of unsuspecting victims do I ?? The option of viewing this blog is with you... Which reminds me .. how was the exam this morning ??
As for the sensitive information .. dudes lets talk over a beer shall we .. my treat ..
are you a paper will still be of use?
isn't a lost cause... i mean u keep denying it anyway...
its hard to motivate myself to work when i dont think u will apply anything i write anyway...
SB
ok i missed a couple of words in my last comment..
it was supposed to be
'are u sure a paper etc...'
and 'isn't it a lost cause etc...'
SB
May be its a lost cause coz I dont have the paper with me ... May be Ill implement it ... May be you should stop believing all the crap I say all the time!!!! ...As for your lack of motivation , Im sure there are some incentives I can provide to compensate for your hard work..
Hi
This is Pavan. I am with Infy. Came across your blog when i was looking for some inside info about ISB.
Awesome Blog dude. U never Mentioned what you did before getting in to ISB let me guess you are a journalist and you rite special articles right.. I mean i can understand guys unleashing their Creative powers when people are reading their blogs(Mostly for attention i am not pessimesitic but that is usually the case) but you even with few vistors you are writing soo brilliantly for yourself. Best blog i ever read
When did i have soo much fun when reading english literature by indians lemme guess when i am reading five point someone by chetan bhagat. Keep up the good work
Thanks for your kind words Pavan ... It really saddens me to reveal that Im not or ever was a journalist. Also havent read 5 point someone yet.. its been on my list of things to do for over a year now.
PS: You said something about looking for inside information on ISB. Please dont take anything written on this blog as an input for your descision making process.;-)
So comments on journalism are inspiring you Mr Prefect. Request you to remove any reference to ISB from your website. Now, I know why all our effort on roadshows etc goes waste....!!!
G
Post a Comment