People often ask me the secret to my froodness¹. Actually they don’t.... I know they want to, but are afraid to ask. Anyways, I believe that no matter how bad things get, the worse reaction you can have is a panic attack. A natural counter argument is “Yeah Ford thanks for the global gyan , but its easier said than done”. I choose to ignore it on grounds of not having a satisfactory answer.
Different people have different ways of dealing with stress.. Some eat chocolate, some drink, some go for drives, some have sex… some do all of them… often simultaneously!!! … Here at ISB, a few common ways of dealing with problems of your life are …
Create a pseudo problem and make it the biggest issue in your life so everything else becomes trivial. For Eg – Oh my God, I have a zit. Hmm I got an F … screw that I have a freakin zit … what am I gonna do?!!!
Disown all problems – I got an F … Not my problem... The grading systems screwed…The prof for this course sucks… I don’t get enough fiber in my food at the cafeteria…
Do a comparative situational analysis – I got an F … Hmm lemme find out what Ford got.... Works pretty well for a lot of folks around my quad.
Blame it on lack of Time... Can’t argue against that... I got an F... Well what could I have done? I have an assignment , an ELP , a self study , 5 courses, section party , b’day party , GSB party , Talk by XYZ … Hmm lemme go blog about some arbit crap .. That should help things … Know anyone who does this?? ;-)
I personally believe that all these are temporary solutions. A permanent solution to all of life’s myriad problems lies either in spiritual self actualization or alcohol abuse … Take your pick … I know what works for me .. Hic
¹Frood – Really Amazingly together guy.
Friday, November 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Mubarkein Mubarkein... Looks like you got an F :-))
Vinayak.
Now thats what i call jumping to conclusions ...
And That's what I call taking away all my joy.
Vinayak.
Looks like Ford is not fond of my comments. Kya kiya jaaye...
i can guess who does a bit of that... but she was genuinely caught up... and at times talks are important at B-School...
Vinayak - If thats all ur joy , ur gonna die a sad sad man ..
Gogo - Get a life u freak.. preferably ur own..
Anonymous - Wrong guess ... Looks like all those talks are slowing you down... may be you need a little 'standing up'urself ;-)
Hi Ford Prefect. I've joined this site ('badminton racket') to get some advice on buying a badminton racket. Do you know of any other badminton racket related sites where I could get advice? Many thanks.
hey,
nice vocab man!!! i am impressed with the style of writing. Not that my mentioning that would earn me or you any rewards, but still it is worth appreciating.
I had the same thoughts regarding the dean's class too, but people told me not to write that.
I hope it is ok to put a link to your blog.
Gopal
Great Lakes
hey Gopal ... thanks ... and its my pleasure to have link to my blog .. although why u would subject readers on ur blog to unneccessary pain is beyond me ;-)..How are things ate Great Lakes.. hopefully well see some of you around at Posidon ..
Or, may be it lies in the SEP field - Somebody Else's Problem. Time has been flying fast since you moved to ISB, Mr Prefect. From absolutely, unperfect, you became Ford Prefect. In six months you are Frood from Ford. Guess, Tolkein will have to write a fourth book in case you decide to become 'Frodo' from Frood. Its all the same dude... And, in the end, if it goes wrong, its SEP.
G
Post a Comment