Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I went , I fought , I lost ....

“Over the next 2 days, we are gonna stretch u like a rubber balloon till u almost burst... We know that by the end of it, you will change back to your original form, but just like the balloon there will be some part of you which will never remain the same”

–Opening address at Thunderbird Innovation Challenge- 2005 by Keynote speaker Chic Thomson – President Creative Management group..Author of - What a great Idea, and- Yes, But…

Isn’t it amazing how when u are pushed to the brink ,u always find that something extra in you …
Something that makes you go on when you are just about to give up …
Something that keeps u focused when your brain feels like exploding..
Something that keeps you awake for 48 hours straight...
Something that give you the courage to face the best of the best ..
Something that gives you the spirit to fight fiercely and loose gracefully..

For the last 3 days , the sleepy Suburb of Glendale Phoenix was host to the biggest , craziest , wackiest , most creative competition of its kind in the world… and representing ISB , India , Asia , and rest of the world except America were the 6 of us …. Talk about expectations …I know that not in the wildest sense of the word am I competent to ‘represent’ ISB leave alone the republic of India , but just the feeling of being there and competing with the crème-la-crème of MBA’s across the world gave a rush like nothing else could … (well at least nothing legal could anyways ) …
We didn’t make it to the winners podium ….I know a lot of folks at ISB would be disappointed.. I am sorry guys … Trust me we gave it all we had... and more!!! But I guess it wasn’t enough…
But somehow, on my way back, I don’t feel like a loser... May be it’s because I’m glad to get an opportunity to network with MBA’s across the best B schools in the world , May be it’s the feed back from the judges who were most impressed by our performance , may be its all the fun I had competing and partying in sunny Arizona ..Or may be its just because I’m high on free airline booze at 10, 000 meters above sea level ;-)

What ever the reason may be, but as Chic said... There’s some part of me which will never be the same...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude...hardly a loss! u guys rocked the place i'm sure..one can try...and try harder the next time u need to....
keep up for another couple of days...kick some ass in the exams...and then party all weekend..u deserve it bigtime!
~tc

Anonymous said...

Hi Frod
The Journey is the reward. Let the world care about winners and losers.
Awesome u guys represented all of us from india. Is it possible for you guys to put up your concept plans on ISB SITE or your blog(I don know if it is allowed).If possible do put it out. You can mail me as well to Pavan_Yelugula@infosys.com .After all we all want see what creative idea ford came up with. i am sure it is something which gonna make me ponder and feel happy for a few days about your creativity.

Anonymous said...

Ford mere dost...keep up your spirits..At such a stage ..It doesn't matter whether you loose or win... the thing that matters is that you were on it and you gave it your best...


Vinayak.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming to T-bird! We enjoyed hosting you here. All the best!

Anonymous said...

I would agree to this "Chic". There is really some part of you thats not the same. You are leaning towards this "World Peace" blogs more often these days. The bright side is that Mr Prefect is actually Hitchhiking. Who cares if it wasnt the "Heart of Gold", it at least was "Heart of Deutschland" (Lufthansa) that helped you flee.

And, lets see what would give you a bigger kick - a win at T-bird or 4.5L JW.

So, take care Ford. Crack your exams. In case you can't, think of yourselves as a mouse experimenting on your professors. Let them take the kick of setting up difficult tests...

In any case, don't touch the big B(ottle) and still manage to get drunk.

Before my comment becomes lengthier than your blog, I'll sign off.

Really happy for you....

... that after a painful journey, you are now caught in the end-term rut :))

And do let me know what you found when you pushed yourself to the brink.

G

Ford Prefect said...

hey anonymous .. Thank you guys for the hospitality .. It was a real pleasure being there ... worth the 72 hour round trip...You guys rock ... Did we meet in T-bird ??

Ford Prefect said...

Thanks guys ...Pavan dude , Im sorry I am not allowed to post the concept plans ...G , ur 4.5L JW is safe with me ...I am still in the process of putting a price to it
;-)
U cant imagine how tough is is for me to stay sober .. damn endterm exams ..

Anonymous said...

welcome back dude...
and since these days the only way we communicate is through this blog, you better get cracking and update more often.
-s