Friday, August 12, 2005

Yes there is a GOD....

A wise man once told me “All of us get our own moment when the world is ours. You will get yours too.”… Actually it was G, but you get the point …
I think I just had one of those moments (I so hope there are more than one of them)…
Had a couple of midterms today. Operations Management in the morning… It was your normal ops stuff so went pretty well …. Buoyed by this unexpected windfall in academic terms, went to the corporate finance paper with a smile that lasted for exactly 10 seconds…Every single question invoked just one thought process in my mind … Im screwed .. Im screwed.. Im screwed …
To add insult to injury, everyone in class had a mystifying smile on their faces…. Did I read the wrong material? Did I miss some chapters? Did I prepare for the wrong subject? (When u are as prepared as I was, that’s actually a possibility). The plot thickens … 20 minutes into the paper , a guy gets up ,submits his paper and leaves .. and then another .. and another …. My thoughts on this – Im screwed.. Im screwed …
After 1.5 hours of agony , frustration and self loathing , I get out of the torture room … SB looks as miserable as me … well that was expected.. I mean the girl actually thought that it would make sense if she comes over to my place and study … MY place and STUDY ….. dudette that’s like shooting yourself in the foot , and then chopping off what ever remains of it.
Neways the two of us get in the lift and it doesn’t take long to unravel the mystery. The bloody paper was leaked!!!! Someone forwarded last years paper with solutions to the whole batch and it turns out the prof was too busy to set a new one!! ….Of course yours truly didn’t read the mail coz it wasn’t a joke or a puzzle or a link to some useless site.
Its times like these that I really feel for captain SS. Being the Acedemic and Students Affairs V.P , he’s in the middle of a mob which reminded me of pictures of the Bolshevik revolution. He’s having a tough time convincing one set of people that the matter would be looked into and another set of even more agitated people that there won’t be another midterm.
As for me , I couldn’t be happier. They say good things happen to good people … Turns out sometimes they happen to people like me too….
G.. buddy this was my moment… It may not be as spectacular as the one you wanted it to be, but right now, Ill take anything..

And SB … This is your wakeup call …. And NO you cant snooze it.
The two of us have been studying together for the last two days …. Or so we think.
What we’ve actually done is-
1. Watched a movie (Pirates of the Caribbean)..,
2.Pondered over the purpose of marketing club and the way it should function.
3.Made a list of all the “Cool” people in ISB (Yours truly aint on it :-( ) ..
4.Discussed brewing of Single malts.
5.Figured out the best way to get rid of a human body in case you have one.(Don’t even ask).
6.And yeah.... talk about her sudden interest in the study of certain reptilian life forms. Personally I think they are all useless Slimy creeps who should have gone with the dinosaurs…But hey whatever works for you.. ;-) Just Kidding.

And Oh I almost forgot ….I am now in proud possession of every single bit of gossip in campus. If you want to know what the deal with X and Y is , I’m the person you contact …. How I wish there were questions on that in the exam. I would have got the second highest grade in the batch…

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

what wake up call...i'm up...i'm up!!

Dude...give yourself a little credit..i got stuff done at your place..so we goofed off a bit..big deal!!

you seriously rock!!!

-SB

Ford Prefect said...

I know .....
You see humilty is not one of my many virtues ....;-)
but you know what they say .. fool me once - Shame on you.. fool me twice - Shame on me....
We really need to crack CF next time.

Anonymous said...

Monsieur Ford Prefect ,

Why don't u stop writing initials for names ? You know how tough it is to overwork a peanut sized brain.

Let's see some pics on the blog with you pulling off ur hair when you don't get the names...

-X ( hehehehehh )

Ford Prefect said...

Signor peabrained...
The names are all pretty obvious .. and incase you dont get them , its probably coz u dont know them , in which case , you dont need to know their names ... I know ...long sentence , would take you a couple of hours to understand .. lemme know if you need any help ..
Ford

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

So you got my comment deleted.

Sorry mate may be you did not like me taking some names. No Sarcasm here, I am really sorry if that caused you any trouble.

-X ( I'd keep it this way )

Ford Prefect said...

Dude .. U gave it away ..
"Sorry mate " .. Thats all it took for me to guess... So hows life? Long time no hear..Howz Vishy doing ??

Anonymous said...

hahahah... If you think you know my identity, mention mon nom
( better, initials) or send me a mail. I don't think you have any inkling on this one..

BTW whoz vishy ? And what happened to your protocol of sticking to initials ;)

-X

Ford Prefect said...

Hmm u know PB and dont know vishy... that narrows it down .. lemme see .. who that I know has a sad enough life to read comments my blog all day??

Anonymous said...

test message...
-X

Anonymous said...

hey, tell me something, how would you know if some imposter posts comments here ? The "test message" is an example :-) (Because i posted the message myself)

-Ix

Ford Prefect said...

What do you mean by Imposter .. and whats with IX ?? Whatever happened to X ???

Ford

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.