Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Ford Prefect in the land of a thousand Pillows...

Back from a 5 day break away from ISB .. and boy what a break it was …..
First trip to B’lore …. I was really looking forward to it …
The city of romantic Gardens... The intellectual capital of the nation… known as much for its peace and serenity as for its horrid traffic Jams …..
Of course I wasn’t there for any of those reasons... I was there with a one point agenda... to chill out... And what better hosts to help me do that than M and his lovely Fiancée…

M being the dude that he is, woke up at 6 AM to receive me…Hadn’t seen him for 2 years.. He looks very different now … of course his smile still has dimples deep enough to harvest rainwater , but other than that , he looks more like a cross between Arjun Rampal and the Rocky Mountain Sheep ….The following links should help u imagine M with some degree of accuracy..

Arjun Rampal
http://www.bollywoodpicturesgallery.com/arjun/arjun07t.jpg

Rocky Mountain Sheep
http://www.spanierman.com/bierstadt/bierstadt020028cf_m.jpg


Am Kidding M.. just Jealous of ur hair that’s all ;-)…

M and his Fiancée Mads (I know she’s gonna kill me for the abbreviation but that’s the best I could come up with...) are so made for each other.. She’s Smart, intelligent, organized, tasteful and sweet and M is… mmmm ….. So, like I said they totally complement each other …
I almost freaked out when I entered their apptt.... last time I saw so many pillows at one place was at the home accessories section in Harrods…. And even they didn’t have as many colors… I guess living a bachelor life for 8 years makes u dizzy at the sight of more than 3 colors on a couch.. Specially if there are shades of Pink and yellow involved. Mads came up with some sort of atta pancakes the likes of which I had never had before … Tasted so good I stuffed myself like I was planning to hibernate for the winter …
Every night, the three of us partied like there’s no tomorrow…. Of Course there were tomorrows so we had to do it all over again … ;-)
In 4 nites , we covered TGIF , 13th Floor, a Pub we thought was Purple Haze! , The Original Purple Haze, Casa Picola , Mandarin…. And all this despite the fact that everything in B’lore closes down at 11:00 Sharp!!!!

And the next day , tea and breakfast in bed!!!!!
All in all, I have been so pampered; I may never recover from it again … ever!!!!

Sunday nite at the bus stop, I couldn’t help but think what The Book has to say about Good times.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

In my case the lunch time was a memorable 5 day freak out. M , Mads , Thanks for a really great time. Lets do it again sometime … In hyd…..

No comments: