Thursday, June 23, 2005

My tryst with Total Persception

Talked to my friend S today .. hes gonna become a father ...I still cant believe it .. neither can he ;-) ... We (me , S and P)were actually discussing names for the baby .... Somewhere down the discussion , I went totally blank .... what was I doing ?? How did I get here ?? more importantly when did I get here??
I am not the kindda guy whos scared of responsibilities and commitment (Shut up P .. I don’t want any smart ass comments from u) , but then again something like this is huge .. too huge …
Is this what’s gonna happen to me ?? Naaah….. But why not ?? I mean S was one of us wasn’t he ..
Then I started thinking bout what G keeps telling me … We are all part of the system .. No matter how we perceive ourselves at the end of the day , we spend our lives within its realms …We do things that might be new to us , but the universe has already seen all that…. In short we are destined to live the lives people before us have lived for eons.
Damn G .. I hate it when hes right ….
It was like I was Thrust into the Total Perspective Vortex and man was it painful ..
PS for the benefit of nonreaders of the Book , heres what the Total Perspective Vortex can do to u …
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Perspective_Vortex

As expected from someone who had to endure the horrible torture of Total perception, it took me sometime to get a hold on myself. But then as G says, Ford Prefect, is a tough guy whose intelligence and wisdom can only be matched by his charm and good looks (Well may be not exactly this).

S , from the bottom of my heart ,I wish you all the very best. I know I am not qualified to say this , but I am sure you will make a great father. I really envy this child. I mean how many Kids have such great uncles!!!
And now to pass along the mental agony I suffered in this entire episode , I took the liberty to write a small poem .. dedicated to S’s unborn child from all its uncles.

I know your folks will shower you with love and affection Unbound
Still if you ever feel like talking to some one, we’ll always be around

Though it freaks me out, just thinking Ill be an uncle.
I so look forward to see you, your baby smile , your chuckle

At times the world may seem like a scary Place,
Remember you’ve always got your uncles, Me , P, M and Pats

And even when you grow older and we turn in fat old Sods,
Trust me, we’ll still be a lot cooler than this guy you call Dad

1 comment:

educatedunemployed said...

I promise I am not crazy to keep coming back to your blog.It is just very easy to get lost here.I always go away smiling.

I love the poem..How is this kiddo doing?..:)