Phew .. I finally get to write something.. Its took me a good 45 mins just to think of a user id. I wanted something I could relate to , and it turns out , there isn’t a lot I relate to. Hence the name Ford Prefect. Readers of HHGTTG( Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy I refer to it as “The Book”) should know what I am talking bout. In case U haven’t read HHGTTG , stop wasting ur time reading this blog and get urself a copy. In the mean time , heres a small character sketch of the real Ford Prefect.
http://www.psychcentral.com/psypsych/Ford_Prefect_%28character%29
So whats this blog about??? I have no clue. I never did plan for anything in life. Its too hard . I think the Taoists got it right when they said “ If its too hard , its not worth doing”.
Its worked out pretty good for me till now . Like it says in The Book
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
So where am I ? I am in Hyderabad doing my MBA at the Indian School of Business. And why am I writing all this down ? Coz P tricked me into it.
It all started with me talking to P. Things usually happen whenever I talk to P. After he tricked me into creating a blog , he suggested some Ids.He wanted me to be Puttan Illahabadi .(PS: Mr Illahabadi was a not so good man who did a lot of not so good things.). P and I have been best buds for over 7 years now. We were classmates at MNIT Jaipur and have been as close as two Straight men can possibly be. So its kinda scary when he says I am like this deranged psychopathic criminal who if I remember correctly was eventually shot dead in an encounter!!!!!!
Sensing my displeasure, he came up with “The Wise One” . P…. Dude , Im a lot closer to Puttan than to any Wise One ;-).
All in all I am quite pleased with this idea of me maintaining my blog. I think G would be the happiest with this. G is another very close friend of mine. Actually hes more of a weird Para dimensional mirror entity of mine. Confused??? Well multiply ur confusion a million times and ull get a vague idea of how I feel. We’ll talk more about that later. As to why he would be happy, coz he’ll save a fortune on his phone bills. G has taken it upon himself to monitor my progress though the course (He himself being an alum of ISB) and see to it that I find some meaning and purpose in life. Till now I have never failed to disappoint him with my grades or my total lack of sense and sensibility.
G…. I am sorry dude, but like it says in The Book
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
By now u must have guessed that lack of Good Friends is not one of my qualms with life.
Wow Its 2:44 already. Time to go check if someone making Maggie in their room…
Sunday, June 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks Observer ... I guess .. But I gotta say , for an observer you arnt very patient...
Neways thanks for being the first one to post a comment ... hope to hear more from u in the future ...
Post a Comment