Lemme start this post with a lil Wiki Lesson on the origins of Ford Prefect-
===============================================================
"Ford is a good friend of the main character, an ordinary Earthman named Arthur Dent who has known him for several years and believes him to be "an out of work actor from the town of Guildford" in Surrey. However, Ford is actually an alien from a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse, and had originally only come to Earth to do some research for an article he was writing on it for the Guide.
Although Ford had taken great care to blend into Earth society, he had "skimped a bit on his preparatory research", and thought that the name "Ford Prefect" would be "nicely inconspicuous". Adams later clarified in an interview that Ford "had simply mistaken the dominant life form". The Ford Prefect was, in fact, a line of inexpensive automobiles manufactured in the United Kingdom in the 1950s."
~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Prefect_(character)
==============================================================
It not common for people who haven’t read the Book to mistakenly refer to the character as Ford Perfect which is quite irritating actually ... Unfortunately Ford stopped making the model a long time back else I would have gladly bought myself one just as a tribute to Douglas Adams ... So I went ahead and did the next best thing ... Bought myself a Ford Fusion
Now as much as I would like people to believe that I bought a ford car just because its Maker shares its name with my fictional Blog pseudonym , that’s not really the case ... To be perfectly honest , I was quite happy with my Hyundai Accent ... Its a neat ride ... But after lugging it around Mumbai traffic for 15000 Km , I got a lil bored of it ...
I bought my first car back in 2004... It was a 10 year old Maruti 800 which had done over 80,000 KMs ... thats twice around the equator!!! I really loved that car ... So much that once me and my rommie decided to take it for a "quick spin" on the Mumbai-Pune expressway ... Now that was a seriously humiliating experience ... The damn rust bucket topped out at 90 KMPH
... and while doing so shaked and veered like a freakin blender on wheels ... One scary ride that turned out to be... Neways ,after I got an admit in ISB , I deduced that owning that piece of shit would seriously jeopardize my image on campus ... I knew my chances of being the guy with the "Axe Effect" were quite slim ... But still an antique run down Navy blue Maruti 800 was not a handicap I could play with ... Sold it off for an amount which barely paid for my laptop at ISB ...
Well that was then ... Life has been kind to me the last few years... I am really looking forward to my new ride ... The best part about a Ford Fusion is that Hardly anybody has it ... Some people tell me that’s not a good thing and in fact it implies that there something seriously wrong with the Car ... Well I didn’t find anything wrong ... at a 100 BHP , it charges like a rhino in heat ... Its built solid like a Tank ... The tires are absolutely Huge ... and you sit so high up , you almost feel like an evil king looking down at his lowly miserable subjects ... All in all , good fun .. Planning to take it on the expressway this weekend ... and this time , I wont be driving on the left most lane ...
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congratulations......Ford
Congrats !
how many years for a maybach??
Anonymous - Thanks
Whizkid - Thanks
Yash - Whats the EMI on a Maybach like ??
when is the next post coming???
Ford, you got married and disappeared...all well? need more of your blog
Post a Comment