Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Third World Rants

On the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.
~ The Book
===================================================

The Japanese have it all ... Fastest trains, biggest roads ,most reliable cars ,tallest buildings, radical electronics ,cleanest cities, best subways, and the longest lifespans to enjoy it all ... In short , they are the pinnacle of progress mankind has made on Gods green earth ... Or are they ??

The people of Japan have impressed me no end ... That they are sticklers for quality and detail is no secret ... Nor is the fact that they are complete workaholics ... Normal office timings here are till 10:30 - 11 in the night!!! What that means is that they have no time for family ... While chatting with one of my colleagues, I happened to ask him if he had kids ...His response - " I want to, but I don’t get time... every night I get home really late and my wife is already asleep" ...Although I appreciate him being so candid about his sex life, I thought it was too much information ... I also thought he was quite a loser... C’mon ... Work ethic and all aside, what good is your life if you cant give some of that "Kamikaze Love" to you wife ... I had always thought the Japanese to have some seriously kick ass Samurai moves ... You know the kinds they show on Japanese porn ... With the guy flying in the air and doing a triple somersault and the chic doing a reverse back flip ... And here was this guy telling me he gets too "Tired" ... What an anti climax (no pun intended)
The way Japs do business is also quite different ... As the wise and knowledgeable I the Absolute would vehemently argue ,pleasing clients in some cases requires one to take them to places which aren’t very honorable (read ladies bars)...
Turns out, in Japan they are perfectly honorable!!! So when a partner offered to take me out to a "ladies bar" , I was understandably quite excited (and also quite scared at the prospect of Mrs. prefect coming to know about my lil outing) ...Neways , we get to this place called The Seventh Heaven (quite aptly named I thought) and what I see is a seriously posh place , with suit clad businessmen sitting on sofas and talking to very pretty but totally clothed girls ... Basically their concept of ladies bars , unlike ours is devoid of any vulgarity or sexual undertones ... And at 500 dollars per person, I thought it was a monumental waste of money ... The whole thing was so innocent , I called up Mrs. Prefect and told her about it myself !!! I did make a couple of friends though ... Miss Misaki was one of the few girls there who could speak English and she helped me make a cheat sheet of Japanese words which she thought I should know to survive in Tokyo... But the highlight of the evening was a Bottle of Remy Martin that the partner ordered... Man that’s one smooth cognac...
Which Brings me back to the topic of this post …So here we are ... Indians ... With messed up roads, dirt ,potholes, bombs, corruption, poverty , filth and disease ...Basically mucking around , while the world has gone ahead and done so much ... And Yet , all I can think right now is to go home, get inside my puny lil Hyundai Accent and drive Mrs. Prefect to the filthy Juhu beach so that she can eat that disgusting Pani Puri she so loves ... May be I should get my head examined ... Or may be Douglas is right again ;-) ...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

whats the reason that these idiots work so much?

do they have a fabulous work environment or do all of them get a huge salary?

man i m curious .. (i wud hate to be in japan)

Ford Prefect said...

Anon - They do it coz its the Honourable thing to do ... These guys actually believe in the virtue of Hard work... No one respects a slacker here ... even if he is successfull due to luck or contacts or any other reason ... Quite different from back home where all that matters is getting results

ela1ne1 said...

japanese porn huh.. moved away from the animals on nat geo have u mr. mathur? ;)

Suresh S Murthy said...

The workohloic fact about japanese is quite astonishing. C'mon you can't sacrifice you sex life for that!! Thats too much at stake! What do you say?

Ford Prefect said...

elaine - Desert Fairy How you doing ? And U think Nat Geo is Animal Porn !!! Man thats on seriously filthy head uve got there ...

Suresh S - Like I said .... Personally I thought It was Too Much Information ... As for my views ... I dont know ... Some times sacrifices have to be made in the greater good of the nation ...

Anonymous said...

Dude, as always a small advice, don't get too confident in sharing every aspect with Mrs. Perfect, you never know when it will hit back. Be Careful!

Enjoy!!!

Ford Prefect said...

GG - As usual your advice is on the dot and a couple of days too late ;-) ...

Maverick said...

hey ford,
did u decide on a place for ur party?

to add to the pt about the japanese, theres a dignity of labour. every person does his/her work with the utmost sincerity, no matter a sweeper or manager. definately a lot of good things to learn.

il be taking a trip over the weekend to someplace just out of tokyo. do drop me a line if you'll be interested.

Ford Prefect said...

Yeah Maverick .. I shall take your advice and go to Dhaba ... will let you know about the weekend plans ... Thanks for all the help ..

Anonymous said...

seems like you have a lot of tamil fan following mr. jap... btw, I was expecting to read how 'tired' are you by the time you come home & all that you know...

better be anonymous :)

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here ihavewaytoomuchtime.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Are you really serious about your weight?. Research shows that nearly 60% of all USA adults are either fat or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.