Sunday, November 05, 2006

Still Alive ....

Ford Prefect apologizes for his absence from Blogsphere ... Ford prefect also apologizes for India’s humiliating loss at the Champions trophy, Mumbai Traffic, the floods last year, Tsunami the year before, 6 day working weeks, Lousy pays, bad bosses, Mayawati, Khar subway... Infact while I’m at it, I might as well apologize for everything that didn’t work out in your life. Or worked out but could have been better, or was really good, but you didn’t appreciate it coz you are too fuckin stuck up to realize how good life has been to you and how lucky you really are ... Its all my bloody fault ...

Now that I have that huge load off my chest, Ill tell you why I haven’t been blogging...
As hard as it is to believe, I have been under insane pressure at work and beyond ... So much so that when I told G about my work hours last week, he said that "This violates the very principles of your basic existence”, which being an impossibility implies that I haven’t actually been working and am only hallucinating about being in office till 1 in the morning every night ... Given the amount of work left to do, I am beginning to believe this ...

Pressures apart, I am quite enjoying my job.... The best part about being a Consultant is that the profession absolves you from all responsibilities ... Of course we take a lot of you money, and hang around you office acting snobbish and tell you how much you suck in life, but that dents mean that we can be held responsible for anything we do or say ... The other day, I was going through a PPT, when I saw the mother of all disclaimers. It was quite long and exhaustive, but I do remember one line from it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The information provided here is generic in nature. Although we have tried our best to ensure that it is accurate and up to date, we will not be responsible for its correctness. Please seek professional help if you want to action on it"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Help!!! ... I hope they mean a shrink by that, coz after reading a disclaimer like that, you’d have to be seriously fucked up in the head to implement what’s on that PPT. Neways, before you use you puny messed up non consultant brains to process the partial information provided here and come up with a half baked theory on how consultants are blood sucking leaches, lemme tell you that the PPT's we make are seriously awesome. They contain a lot of charts and graphs and are pleasingly colored. Not to mention the hilarious disclaimers we give totally free of cost ...

15 comments:

ela1ne1 said...

excellent, dyu think u can send me a ppt template? and dont say u cant coz u already said u have one.

don'thaveaclue said...

dude..u can't just blow the whistle on the consulting profession like that...i have tears in my eyes thinking of the ppl u might upset..

Ford Prefect said...

Elaine - No can do Desert queen .. Its all firm confidential stuff... And you are damn funny ... Getting shit scared of a lil rain ... Trillian thinks you are a lil cuckoo ...

donthaveaclue - Dude ... Its not something people didnt know anyways ...

educatedunemployed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

good post!!

Ford Prefect said...

Comment Deleted - I dont get why you deleted that comment ??? Ohh is it coz you said something nice about me ;-)

Anonymous - Thanks

Anonymous said...

Didnt I tell this earlier that if Ford Prefect were to become a consultant, this is how he would be like ...
http://www.gettingdrunkinfirstclass.com/

Ford Prefect said...

Hungary Monster .... Dude ... Long time no hear man ... Howz Banglore treating you ?? You enjoying the traffic jams and stupid 5 PM rains ??? BTW , Im nothing like the dude you posted the link for ... I dont travel first class and I dont even have a blackberry ... :-( ...

Anonymous said...

you consultant ... W#$*^W& .. am not in Bangy.. so no 5 Pm rains or awesome traffic jams.. am out here in dusty, hazy delhi..
btw, you must shoot for all those perks in your next review.. i know you have it in you..

Ford Prefect said...

Dude .. When did you move to delhi ??? Congratulations

Yi Bhopal said...

Great blog dude!! Are you ever coming to ISB??? Would love to meet you ....

Yi Bhopal said...

Great blog dude ...... Are you coming to ISB sometime soon? Would love to meet you ....

Ford Prefect said...

NK- 22nd December ... 11 PM I shall be in ISB ... Would catch you there ... And howz the simulation treating you ?? Enjoy it while you can coz going back to the real workd wont be easy ...

ela1ne1 said...

whats firm confidentiality between friends.. cmon now ford...

i wasnt scared of the rain ... i had a deeper purpose!!! silly trillian and u both failed to see that.

and thank you for entertaining that call.. i understand u might think i'm a bit cuckoo. but i'm really not AND I MAINTAIN I HAD A DEEPER PURPOSE.

Ford Prefect said...

Deeper Purpose indeed ... Your just Cuckoo ... And thak you for the call ... Its the best laugh I had in a long long time ...