Thursday, June 08, 2006

Glass Half Full...

Markets crashed and then they crashed some more ... I know there are people whove lost fortunes, but right now I dont have any sympathy for anyone but yours truely himself... Given my first
pay check is almost a month away, I could have done without the BSE doing a jack and jill ..
G however continues to be a glass half full person ... his interpretation is that in times like these , one must do
with a half peg of 25 ml instead ;-) ...
PS: G refuses to accept the Indian Standard of 30- 60 ml and is still stuck to british
measures...
Its my last day in Chennai today ... Am still trying to get to Pune ... have talked to everyone whose anyone here ,but they all think my skills are better suited for Hyd ... I guess Ill just have to prove them wrong once I join.. Shouldnt be a problem at all ;-) ...
The last few days havent been as bad as I thought they would be ... Met some nice people .. hope to stay in touch with them
.. Plus G in his infinite wisdom gave me a bottle of 12 year Glenmorangie... Thanks dude .. it came in quite handy ;-)...
Talked to Trillian ... She has been praying for me to get to Pune ... Poor girl is sick ... Hope she feels better ...
Marvin is not feeling too hot either ... I wonder if the chics are being affected by some sort of wierd Lunar activity..
May be that would explain the volatility in the Stock markets too ... Coz right now nothing they taught at ISB comes close
to describing the blood bath ... in the stock market that is ..;-) ...

On another note , P has been bitten by the blogging bug.... inspite of a full time job and a full time fiancee , the dude thinks he would find the time
to reaearch and write about the evolution of civilizations ... decided to call himself Julius Ceaser ... Dude .. if you dont update regularly ,youd end up like the mighty ceaser himself .. with a knife in your back ... driven in by your best friend ;-)...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love u mathur even though u insist on explaining how really dull things work when i'm sick. i hope u get transfered to bombay one day soon. btw i have broadband now :)

educatedunemployed said...

Hey I hope you come to Pune/Mumbai too.Might just about be able to see you are human for real after all.I almost had my hopes on my meeting my first alien.But alas!

Kanip said...

let me join the bandwagon and say I hope you eventually relocate to Mumbai too. That way we can hit the pub while the wife spends time with her folks ;-)

Ford Prefect said...

chipmunk - I have received that complaint from multiple parties. Will try to work on it ... But I still believe oen should know about basic science and engineering ...

EU - Dudette ... dont you feel sometimes that its you who might be the alien.. I sure as hell got that feeling in Chennai ;-)

Caeser - There is only so much "Soup" you can have with your friends ;-)

educatedunemployed said...

Don't know about about alien, have definitely felt that I might be some superior life form..:P

Ford Prefect said...

Superior life form .... You arent a vetenary doctor are you ?