Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Farewells...

…Don’t know why people hate them … They way I look at it , unless u get rid of this set , how are u gonna meet all the other interesting folks out there …

Its Nostalgia season here at ISB. Had gone out for a group A9 farewell party … got drunk (is it just me or am I hitting the bottle a bit too hard??) and made an ass of myself … Just glad I was with good friends, so its not that embarrassing … I am told that I was a wee bit mean to Captain SS... He’s a dude, so I guess he wont mind (he’s also the ASA president so I HOPE he doesn’t mind)…
We also had a section farewell get together after class. Good fun…
Core terms are over … cant believe Ill be halfway through the course in 4 days … was kinda reflecting on all the things I’ve learnt in the last 5 months. When u take a course of this quality, with people so smart , ur bound to learn a lot … even people like me pick up a few tidbits. My biggest takeaway has been learning what team work is all about. My group A9 was probably the most rocking group on campus. With people like V who has seen it all, done it all and yet has the zing of a teenager. I wish I had his energy, wit and dedication. I also wish I had his looks (I can wish cant I ;-)) … then there’s Captain SS. I’ve seen my share of scholars and achievers, but rarely does one come across a guy who has done the things he has at his age. The dudes already rocking this place and no doubt he’ll make it big in the corporate world (all the more reason for me to sort things out about last night ;-)) … and C … Mr. Cool himself … laidback to the core , but give him a job , and rest assured it’ll be done ..And done right..
We also had the privilege of having a lil princess in our group. Me and SB worked on a many assignments together and in spite of what the rest of the group thinks, I think we did all right. Shes been helping me work on my soft skills. Thanks to her, my listening skills have been so developed, I can now actually listen to girls talk about Desperate Housewives without feeling like ripping my fingers out just so that I have something to stuff my ears with…I never knew what a good girlfriend I can be ;-) …

All in all, I had a great time with my section and more so with my group. Would like to thank you guys for everything…It was a real pleasure… hopefully well run into each other in the next 4 terms…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting list of credits. You forgot to mention "World Peace" dude. Good to know that you didn't title it as Ford Prefect & Arthur Dent - Buddy's forever.

Good going so far Ford! Good luck for the next four terms.

G.

Ford Prefect said...

Luck I need ... badly ... Specially for my exams starting the day after ... BTW restock ur bar.. Ill be in town soon ..

Ford Prefect said...

Temper Ships temper...I cant keep deleting my posts ,coz then my blog would start to look like urs ;-).
After that display of profanity , I guess I should replace 'lil princess' with 'Sailor Girl' ...Or may be Ill wait till the mood swings to go away...

Anonymous said...

sridhar said...
Being a bit too modest abt yourself Mr.Ford....from what appeared to be a pain in the **** in the first team excercise with the Asst Dean evaluating the GD to a great group worker ...who jumps in to help the group ....goes to the LRC at 1 am to do an OM assignment without making an issue of it....speaks volumes of how perceptions are just so wrong...
Great show to 'The Presenter' himself...good luck