Thursday, June 22, 2006

Post B School Jitters

The book has the following to say about the population of the universe-

=================================================================

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.
================================================================
I know most of us have problems with this explaination simply because we cant accept the fact that most of us indeed have seriously deranged imaginations... But thats the exact point ... Most of the people I meet seem to be so wierd , I on some level hope that they dont actually exist... Thereby wishing my self a deranged imagination which I am quite sure I dont actually have ... Have assigned Trillian to do further studies on the topic .. She has collected an impressive collection of seriously wierd individuals and would be conducting tests on them this weekend to prove if they indeed exist...
PS: If you are wondering about my sudden obsession with strange whack jobs,all I can say at this point of time is that I have my reasons...

Neways my entry back into the work force has been quite nice ... Growth Driver is what I have been termed as.. This puts a lot of pressure on yours truely to positively contribute to the progress of my firm ,the country and humanity at large ... How I shall do it is something I havent figured out yet ,but then as my boss says ,"get your strategy right.. Tactical details will follow" ... How I wish I knew what that means ;-)... One of the best things about working post MBA is that people use these fancy terms for even the most mundane things
... The other day a senior manager came to me and asked if I could help him with some Business Process Reengineering... Eager as I am to be part of anything as pompous sounding as that , I agreed ... Spent the next hour and a half splitting a big ass excel into 8 not so big ass excels sorted on project ids... Theres an hour and a half of my life I want back ... But the next morning I was told that our focus should not be narrowed to project level and that it would serve the strategic goals of the client better if we integrate our PMO initiatives at an account level.. Translation - Copy paste the excels back into a single sheet ...
Of course today I have been asked to ensure data integrity so that the basic assumptions in our descision making process are correct. I think what he wants me to do is check every single cell of the excel...
Well.. a growth drivers gotta do what a growth drivers gotta do ...Frankly speaking Id rather be directing my efforts in the booming retail industry and target the middle income segment in Central India (i.e open up a grocery shop in Nagpur)

G ... If this is what you mean by Post B school jitters ... Dude I am jittery...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude,

This is vintage Ford man....You bring mirth to dull and boring afternoons at work!!

Dont you stop blogging Now!!1

Ferrari

Anonymous said...

You lie Ford. They don't ask you to ensure data integrity. You don't know the first thing about integrity!!

Ford Prefect said...

Ferrari - Dull and boring afternoons are precisely why I write this blog dude ... That and trying to piss Trillian off ...

Trillian - Where i come from , those are fighting words lassey..
I might be a lot of things , but unintegrated I certainly am not ... Now dont you dare throw the websters at me .. Its a Word and it means precisely what I mean it to mean ..

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha... Ford, dont forget the winery you (or We?) were planning to open.

Looks like you are doing some very interesting work ;-) Pass me some. Cause I have lots of other.

Anonymous said...

I can only recall Baskshi from 'One Night @ a Call Center'... right Ferrari?

Ford Prefect said...

KS .. Aaaahh the Winery ... Dude if you are still interested , I can put in my papers tomm and see you in Nasik on Sat.. What say ?? ;-)

educatedunemployed said...

Hey how is it going?
Finished reading all the 5 book of the HHGG series.I had to tell you, because I only read them because of this blog.Totally enjoyed the experience.Thanks.

Ford Prefect said...

U know what ... Douglas Adams children should be paying me for all the free advertising I do for the book ;-)
I am glad you liked it...